Wednesday, 26 May 2010

I had Elka under a full moon and my mothers friend who does stars says that I was born under a full moon too. I have high hopes that this little girl will decide that the full moon tomorrow is a good time to make her appearance. I have had a feeling about the 27th-29th of May for a long time.

I have my hopes up unfortunately as my belly has dropped dramatically, bubs back has moved from the side of my belly to the front and I have started painful contractions and terrible back ache. My behaviour has changed - I am slow and resting, I have bad headaches and nausea all day, I don't want to eat but am starving... My pelvis is sore and the nerve pain has gotten even worse, I guess from the increased pressure of her head. I also started losing my mucus plug this morning (with Elka it was two days from there). But it remains to be seen - I did have over two weeks of pre labour of with Elka so I am also trying to accept that it could be quite awhile yet.

I do love the not knowing and the excitement - its a little bit of magic in what is a generally controlled life :)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So excited for you and your little family. Can't wait to hear more. good luck

Helen said...

Good luck and hope all goes well :)

Kate21 said...

Oh Amy I hope the full moon brings on you little one..thinking of you. xxoo

Lydia said...

How exciting. It does sound like your youngest daughter will soon be entering the world. I hope that all goes well. Can't wait to find out the name and see those first photos.

Deb said...

I'm so excited for you Amy! I hope your little one makes her appearance soon. I'll be stalking you until she does :)

Shellsibelle said...

All the best, Amy! How exciting! I saw last night that the moon was nearly full, and I thought of you! :D

xox

britt@absolutealaia said...

ooooh how exciting. I hope she comes quickly without too much pain/discomfort for you xxx

Sars said...

How exciting Amy, hope its all happening for you now :) can't wait to meet her!

Amy said...

Thanks everyone - so far... no signs of movement at the station!

Oh well - she will come when she is good and ready :)

xoox

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I