Monday, 24 May 2010
Loving

looking forward to meeting my new little princess and using teeny weeny baby clothes again.

The fact that my obs is pretty positive that bubs is all lined up and in a good position for arriving. Fingers crossed sooner rather than later!

The fact that we are signing our building contract tonight and that the bank seems to be happy to honour their pre-approval - oh my gosh bring on the new rooms and verandahs!!! Can't wait, am really starting to get excited and have started finding tiles and bathroom fittings that we love.

My pedicure this morning - relaxing and my toes finally look nice again (not that I can see them!). But I did struggle with what colour to have them painted - hehe I didnt want too strong and harloty for giving birth but I wanted something cheery and uplifting. So I think I fouind the perfect "giving birth" shade in a soft coral ;)

Having Elka's 2nd birthday party almost totally organised, I am especially loving having it a play centre - no tidying or packing up! We have to get onto purchasing her birthday present now.

The idea of having Jase home for 4 weeks of lovely family time altogether - feeling blessed that we are in a position for him to take paternity leave.

Realising that I get my body back so soon - can't wait to work out, do pilates and sit-ups and... most of all get back in the saddle!! So much of my wardrobe that is also waiting to be worn. Ever so hopeful that my body will snap back as quickly as last time but am prepared that it may take longer...


Not loving

Elka is well aware that she can push me at the moment so she has been quite cheeky and also started the running off thing, not helpful when I am a slow elephant!

The nerve pain this bub is causing me with her head being so slow - ouch, its like a cross between a hot poker and touching an electric fence with your fanny! (and I grew up with electric fences on our farm so trust me on that one!)

Getting a little negative about labour - it was a tough 18 hour labour last time and Elka was nearly too big for me according to the obs, and this bubs is looking bigger - must must stay positive, I know half the battle is won with a positive mindset. Not helped by my parents being stressed about my welfare and constantly asking if I would be safer with a c-section...

Being the centre of attention from strangers - if I had a dollar for each comment from a complete random person exclaiming "you must be due any minute!" "you are ALL baby"... I held open a door for a woman today who rather then saying "Thank you", stared at me and said "Thats a basketball under your dress isn't it - its too round"... yep am looking forward to blending back in soon and the cute little bub can attract the attention instead :)

1 comments:

Mel said...

Ooh I totally hear you on the 'electric fence' feeling! I tried to explain it to Damo when I was pregnant with Ashleigh (and yes, got it worse with her than I did with Liam even though he was engaged long before she was). Thats the perfect way to describe it! So not fun!

Hope your little princess comes soon!

xxx

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I