Sunday, 30 May 2010
Well it was looking good - I had four hours of painful contractions last night - they were strong, painful, through my back and dropped to under 5minutes apart... needless to say we finished packng the hospital bags and were getting ready to call the hospital when I noticed the intensity wasn't increasing anymore... so I went to bed to get some rest just in case and sure enough, woke to find that it had all disappeared :(

I was pretty down this morning as it was a lot of pain to deal with to have absolutely nothing to show for it. However, I am in incredible pain in my lower pelvis all today and walking is very difficult which is what I remember from the day before I gave birth to Elka so I am still ever hopeful bubs is coming sooner rather than later.... I know she will come when she is good and ready but I am worried about her size and frankly would prefer her on the outside putting on kilos rather than the inside!


Here I am today at 39 weeks 2 days, so uncomfortable and sick of the stares and comments - yes bub is way out front people-in-shops, you dont need to tell me like I hadn't noticed lol


In the meanwhile, I have some fairly poor photos to share of my nesting preparations for bub. As I have mentioned before, we are not doing her a nursery just yet as we are keeping her room as half spare room for all the guests we have in the next few weeks. So half the room is cot and bubs stuff and the other half double bed and bedsides for the guests. The bassinet and change table are set up in our room since being winter I like to have bubs sleep close to me for night breastfeeding...

But you can see the start of our colour theme for bubs room - we will be painting pink and ivory half height striped walls and using black and white as the accent colours. The change table shleves have patterned black and white boxes and the curtains that Mum have made in bubs room are black and white cherry blossoms which I just love. I am in the process of sewing a black and white owl mobile to hang above the change table also. Pics to come :)


The change table (missing the extension platform where bub lies as yet) - it converts to a bookshelf when you are finished with it as a change table, we have it for Elka also, love it! I am really happy with the storage boxes and how they match the black and white theme.

The cherry blossom curtains (they are so pretty in real life - this photo doesn't do them justice) - one still remaiining to be hung underneath the air con unit). The room is half nursery - where the cot is and the built in robes not in photo and still half spare room and still in the spare room colours. The walls will be painted ivory,then pale pink half height stripes added - the nursery furniture is all white. Will be a few months until I get to see it all done but I can visualise it and have already picked a perfect floor rug etc...

5 comments:

CAM said...

Amy I sure as heck hope that little lady is on her way very, very soon. I would be very disappointed if I'd laboured for four hours and it petered out!! Hopefully that was her practice run ;)
PS Loe the curtains :)

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

Oh, good luck Amy - and love your decorating - looks utterly beautiful x

Deb said...

Love it! You have done a great job Amy. Hope your little nest is full soon xxx

Lydia said...

Hope your birth day comes and goes as quickly as possible, and that soon you have a little bundle of joy in your hands.

Danielle said...

Goodluck!!

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I