Sunday, 13 June 2010




Its recovery time now. Time for everything to deflate and return from being stretched. Pregnancy amazes me but post pregnancy recovery has amazed me even more - both times.

It may not work the same for everyone but my tummy shrinks very quickly - its now 11 days post labour and I only have a tiny pot belly down low. I am almost sad as I can no longer cup it or rub it as I have been so used to. But then I remember that I get to have warm snuggly newborn hugs instead and that is so much nicer. I am religously doing my core stomach exercises and working on my pelvic floor. I can do up a few of my pre-preg jeans, including my size 9's so I am feeling OK despite the fact that the majority of clothes still have to wait...

My stitches are a bit twingy from healing but have stopped being painful. And most importantly I am starting to feel stir crazy in the house and am staring out longingly at the horses. I think I am almost ready to start farm and horse work again - just gently lunging etc but laying down the foundations for both the horse and I to be fit and ready for riding by 6 weeks. Excited!

But in the meanwhile, I just don't know what to wear. I had been avoiding the winter fashions as I didnt want to depress myself whilst huge and pregnant and not able to buy them. I am living in one pair of maternity skinny jeans with boots over the top and tights... but all my tops are either tight which still shows the little pot belly or loose and baby doll which makes me shudder and want to burn them from association with wearing them endlessly during the last few months.

Its Elka's bday next week and we have her party coming up. I want something nice to wear... a shopping trip is looming. But I need some inspiration, I don't really know where to begin. Am currently searching the web to inspire myself. Its like being a shopping beginner all over again!

The Witchery sale is calling me most of all. Although I always end up buying silk tops from Witchery... not the smartest buys for someone with a messy milk dripping newborn, she destroys my tops currently in minutes when feeding..

I have my eye on this top - pretty but casual still for a play centre party..

Am always a sucker for a bow too

Feel free to share if you have seen some great sales around!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the first top and have been eyeing it off as well! I think it would be lovely for Elka's party

Mel said...

Ooh love that purple top as well! Wish I had the belly to pull it off - unlike you I still have a bit of a pot belly and Ashleigh is 10mths old! Oops! ;) But then I wasn't a size 8 to start with.

Great to hear that everything is bouncing back so quickly for you. :)

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I