Monday, 28 June 2010
So 2 year olds are bloody hard work. So much so that I have sent mine 2 hours away to stay with my parents so I can enjoy some one on one time with Bronte. She is far from in exile though as she adores her Nanny and Poppy and their farm, asking repeatedly to visit them.

In fact, she is so happy that she used the word love today in the correct context for the first time. A beautiful moment that I have been looking forward to. But in true toddler style - it wasnt to Jase or I or even the beloved grandparents. Oh no, she said "I love Nelly" to Nanny and repeated it when Nanny quized her. Who is Nelly? Nelly would be my parents skanky white pet chicken - the most neurotic dirt stained scaredy cat of a chicken you will ever meet.

Yep there is the reward for my 2 years of hard work, teaching and cherishing. Got to love toddlers. Cause apparently they love chickens!

7 comments:

Kate21 said...

Ohh Elka you sweetie! When we lined up at the movies the other day Spence saw the popcorn. Mum whats that? That's popcorn sweetie. I love popcorn!

Enjoy your time with Bronte :o)

Anonymous said...

aaaaw Amy. Be warned, it only gets worse! :O

T is always saying she loves everything and it's her favourite! Thankfully she now also says she loves us and J.

Just wait until Elka is telling you "Mummy, you are supposed to say 'Have a good sleep, I love you'..."

Lydia said...

Ha! That is too funny. Maybe Elka just found the creature that needs the most love?

britt@absolutealaia said...

hahaha I love chickens too :-P oh she is just precious, isn't she?

Deb said...

Classic!

Mel said...

Love it! Always the way! I used to get upset that I spent all day with Liam and yet it was Daddy that got all the giggles and smiles - so much for all my hard work! At least now he has Mummy days and Daddy days and shares the love, snot, whinging, etc. ;)

Anonymous said...

What a cutie Elka is - glad you get to have some alone time with Bronte :)

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I