Friday, 18 June 2010


Last pregnancy I did the same thing - here. We tend to focus on the sweet newborn and forget about ourselves, so I like to take a moment to reflect on how I am going.

My stitches are feeling mostly healed - just a little ouchy, in particular when sitting at certain angles. I am happy to say that with religious stomach exercising, I have brought my abdominal seperation from over 4 fingers wide to back to less than 1 finger wide. I wish I could say the same about the stretch marks around my poor saggy belly button - its all a little wrinkly and not pretty but I know it will take time.

2 weeks post birth with Bronte


My bump is just a little stubborn one now - its going down much slower now, I think until I can start some serious pliates and horseriding I will have to accept that it will stay sticking out a little. But I got my flat tummy back last time so I plan to do it again!

I still feel a little weak in the pelvis and get a bit of a bruised feeling if I am walking alot and carrying things. Ditto to a terrible lower back ache. But my reading tells me this is to be expected as the pelvis is still so soft. I am avoiding lifting the 15kgs of Elka as much as I can but am trying to do little lifts close to the ground to start getting my back and core muscles used to it as Jase will be going back to work soon and I need to be strengthened.

Bronte is a good bub at nights - feeds and goes back to sleep and often will do a 6-8 hour stretch so I am feeling not too tired. Although when work rings or emails me I do find that my mind is feeling pretty muddled still - damn baby brain!

I can get a little frustrated and overwhelmed with the workload of a new bub and a cheeky toddler but the feeling passes pretty quickly. Overall I am feeling pretty happy and cheery - I do think that the noise and inconvienence of the house extensions might get to me some days though. But I just have to remind myself that "this too shall pass" and that I need to soak up having my last newborn in the house.

3 comments:

DaniV said...

I think you are inspiring posting this picture of yourself, you have a wonderful, realistic and healthy view of your body. What a great role model you are for your daughters and others. Congratulations on the birth of Bronte!

Danielle said...

I think your doing really well two weeks on. Keep it up :)You'll be riding in no time.

britt@absolutealaia said...

You look amazing! xxx

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I