Friday, 4 July 2008

Tummy two weeks post birth

Well its no longer an update on bubs and I together... so I thought I would take the time to record how I am going post birth and then of couse do an update on little Elka with excessive amounts of photos naturally!

So its 2.5 weeks since I gave birth... and I feel pretty darn fantastic! My tummy is nearly gone and I am dying to tone the poor flabby flesh up! I am dropping kgs daily thanks I am pretty sure to the breast feeding :). Am now 61kg and am hoping to eventually get down to about 58kg but not in any great rush and am also suspicious that my huge boobs are responsible for about 1kg each lol

At times I miss that huge tummy full of bub but mostly its bliss rediscovering what it feels like to be slim and mobile :) I am loving sleeping (when I get a chance!)as I can roll around and sleep on my tummy.

My stitches were painful for the first week but were much less than I had imagined they would be. By Day 10 they were more or less feeling healed.. I am no longer getting cramping from my shrinking uterus either.

In fact the most painful thing has been the milk coming into my boobs. But I am proud of how well my body is handling breastfeeding and supporting my little one (she is piling on the weight - 500g in 6 days!)so its all worth it - yep even those rotten stretch marks!

In all I must say the recovery has been so much faster and easier than I would ever expect. It does make C-sections look tough in comparison.

I am not even that sleep deprived - my little angel lets me get at least 2.5 hours of sleep at a time, sometimes 3.5-4 hours at a stretch and she goes straight back to sleep after her feed. I am very lucky!

I visited work today - a bit of a shock to the system, trying to juggle work talk and a screaming baby! But it was nice to see the familar faces and touch base...

All in all, life is good and I am counting down to being able to get back on the horse, exercise bike and back into pilates!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I