Monday, 7 July 2008

Wearing a little dress that I had as a baby, handmade by one of my mums friends. Showing her little frown that she does when she is taking it all in!


Wearing a dress that my Grandmother gave me as a baby - with her happy face :)


My little chubber :)


Playing with her mum :)

My little one is three weeks old today and she has changed so much! We brought home a little newborn who barely opened her eyes and now we have a little bumper who stares at everything and takes it all in. She has put on so much weight and has little fat rolls everywhere - even on her wrists! She has the hugest double chin too!

Her nature is still very calm and accepting. She barely cries except for hunger and loves to feed for long periods at a time. She self settles in her cot or basinette and sleeps really well. She naps during the day for 1.5-2 hours usually and sleeps much deeper at night for between 3-5 hours at a time. She feeds and then goes straight back down for more sleep at night which makes my life so much easier. We have never had to settle her to sleep in our arms or co-sleep with her. I am hopeful that we wont have any major sleep issues with her (but who really knows!)

She loves her bouncer and sits in it watching the moving bubbles and fish with an intense stare. We put up a toy over her car seat and she loves to stare at that bobbing around! She stares up into our faces and pulls the most brilliant cross eye faces as she works it all out - it is so cute! She has a "happy face" where she has an upturned open mouth which is so close to a smile but not quite! I am looking forward to seeing her first smile!

She has been out nearly every day - lots of shopping and walks. We are getting pretty good at balancing her feeds and changes and I am getting used to having to try and breast feed in public areas..

We have bought her a carrier where she sits on our front and she falls asleep in it quickly. It must remind her of being in my tummy with the body warmth and motion.

We are going to the childhood clinic for her next weigh in on Thursday and having a morning tea catch up with some other new mums from our antenatal class on Friday which should be lovely. Jase goes to uni/work from Wednesday onwards so we should start developing an at home routine soon.. SHe has visited my work and cried the whole time, making liars of us about how good she is!

I cant believe how fast she is growing up but every new thing is just a delight and I cant wait to experience it all!

2 comments:

Girly-Girl said...

Great to hear about the weight gain. I love her happy face photo :)

The last shot of you and Elka is adorable.

Amy said...

Thanks Gwen :)
xoxo

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I