Friday, 25 July 2008
I keep asking myself when the holiday is going to end! I cant believe that I get to stay home everday and chill out! Its pretty blissful. Yeah yeah there is that whole looking after a newborn thing! But she is a joy to care for and truly compare to how hard I am used to working and exercising etc I do feel like I am getting a break! Not sure how many mums would want to kill me for saying that!

But I mean, I have had morning teas, afternoon teas, lunches and shopping all with lovely mums and friends in the last week :) I was out lunging Spech on a gorgeous day when all my workmates were slaving inside the lab. I get lots of bub cuddles and she smiles and babbles at me while I stare in wonder at her. I mean its not too tough!

I have the weekend to look forward to now - 2 whole days with Jase and Elka. Looking forward to letting him have some carer time and I can sneak off to play with the horses! Next week she has her 6 week check-up and we start Parents group.. I also have my 6 week check-up and I am popping into work to say hello :)

I bought myself a lovely top today to spoil myself (I keep buying Elka clothes instead of me!) - good for breastfeeding and its gorgeous :) Next on the list is jeans but I had a pram and Elka in the carrier so trying on jeans just wasn't going to happen! I think I will stay much the same weight and shape? I am 60kg (so 2 kg less than true horse competition weight - which I am not aiming for at the momement!) and back in all my size 10 pants and tops... so should be safe to buy jeans now. Although I hav to watch all these morning and afternoon teas or I might put on weight with this good life!

Bring on next week when I can start pilates and the exercise bike again (and horseriding - whohooo!)

And because I hate posting without pics - here are two pics of my gorgeous munchkin that I took during our own little "photo shoot" :)


0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I