Wednesday, 30 July 2008
Elka turned 6 weeks on Monday. She got to celebrate by going to her paeditrician check-up! The Dr is lovely and I really like his manner. Seems Elka did too as she flashed him huge grins and doey eyes the while time he examined her! He declared that he wasn't surprised that we didnt have any questions or things to discuss as he considered her to be a perfect baby. He also commented on how aware and "social" she is and that she was doing wonderfully. Hehe he also commented on her very fat round tummy, which she is so ticklish on - touching it is nearly guaranteed to get her to dissolve into smiles. She is now 5.41kg and 60cm long!! That puts her in the top 5 percentile for height and top 10 for weight! My little chubba bub!

So after a lovely check-up, we had a gorgeous lunch and Jase came with me to the first session of Parents group. There were some lovely girls there so I am looking forward to meeting some local friends :)

Today I had my 6 week check up at the obs - the lovely receptionists minded Elka for me and when I came back out they were just raving at how gorgeous she was as she had been chatting to them and charming them. She is cheeky! But I got the all clear from the obs and he even commented on how good my stomach was looking and how strong my pelvic floor is (hey these things matter after a pregnancy!). He also assured me that due to the "loosening" that giving birth does to your pelvis, that I should be OK to try and give birth vaginally next time as there will be more room. So I guess I will give it another shot and not book that C-sect in straight away!

I also visited work for a morning tea and it was so nice to see everyone and Elka was a little angel thankfully - no crying this time!

I have started pilates and the exercise bike again but slowly slowly! I nearly expired trying to do one sit-up! Things are just so weak but I am determined to get it all back ;)
I am expressing milk and trying to get a frozen store set-up. I am loving the breastfeeding weight loss - I cant keep up all my jeans (size 10's) so I went and bought two cute new pairs in size 9! Woot - 6 weeks after birth, not only am I back in pre-pregnancy clothes but they are too big and I am down a size - nice! Not what I was expecting!

Spech has recovered from a strained fetlock brought on from playing silly buggers in the paddock with Sam so I am looking forward to the weekend and a chance for another ride! We also have a BBQ with friends and catching up with my parents and my visiting uncle - should be nice..

As for updates on Elka - well she is officially in 000 now - the 0000 is long gone! She is also out of newborn nappies and wearing the infant ones. She is cooing and chatting and loves sticking her tongue out at us! She smiles and smiles and smiles - even when she is sleepy or just waking up. As soon as she recognises my face she starts grinning. She has grabbed her playgym toys a few times rather than just hitting them. She is sleeping fantastically, self settling like a champ and never fusses at night - she is sleeping from 7pm-7am as per Tizzie Hall's routines with a dreamfeed about 10pm and a quiet feed at 2.30am. I can only keep her up during the day for about 70mins before she is overtired and then she sleeps for 1.5-2 hours at a time mostly. Such an easy bub to deal with! And she has developed gorgeous long black eyelashes - they look stunning resting on her soft cheeks when she has her eyes closed, so I just had to get a picture!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I