Wednesday, 23 July 2008
Well OK maybe not but I dont trust them! We seem to have plague proportions of them at the moment and they are eating all my horses grass - grrr!!

I am actually quite scared of them after a few feral ones down in Canberra drowned a ladies dog in front of her and another one stalked a women hiding in a shed for hours. Yes truly!

So I get up this morning and there are like 5 at my backyard gate and then a huge one literally pulling apart one of our paddock fences cause he couldnt be bothered jumping over it. Then I am lunging Spech and all I can see is bouncing - there are so many! Poor things I think they are being run out of the area due to all the clearing and development - which is so sad :(

In other news, I took Spech's rug off today to do some repairs (I am handy with a sewing needle and a horse rug but not much else!) and while he was "nude", Sam has bitten him and literally pulled off a massive chunk of flesh :( Poor Spech. I was just out there putting the chickens away and Sam attacked Spech and Spech in his haste to escape fell over a tree stump and hurt his leg. Grrr if I am to have a competition ready horse, I may have to seperate them so that Spech doesnt get injured and maimed! But they are also best friends - what to do!? Sam is a bit big for his boots at the moment :(

ooh the dramas at Berraba. Jeez I think I need to get out more!

Oh I noticed today - Elka has grown beautiful lush eyelashes - they are so pretty and she looks like a doll when she has her eyelashes resting on her cheeks while she is asleep.. gorgeous

She slept 9 hours straight last night - what a gift from the heavens, so much sleep for me! It was great! And has beena little angel today snoozing away. FUnny how sleep brings on sleep in a baby!

1 comments:

Girly-Girl said...

Oh my lord talk about drama! Glad to hear your little princess is giving you some sleep time to recover from all your farm dramas!

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I