Thursday, 9 September 2010
I currently share my front and back yard with numerous tradies and builders. From 7am until 6pm, I have people working around the windows, through my gardens and I can't drive my own car anywhere near our turnaround driveway, shed or carport.

I like my space so it has taken some getting used to. I have taken to walking to get some space to myself (as much space as you get as a mum to two kids who come with you hehe). Unfortunately being semi-rural means that there are no parks to walk in or even a footpath on any of our roads. So I take my trusty two kid pram loaded up wtih the girls and I push it on our stone driveway and down the quietest roads I can. I have to off road and dodge cars doing 100kms an hour, but its still heaven. Elka loves it, she sits quietly for an hour and even cries when we turn for home.

The big hills are a pretty good work out too. The spring weather has been devine and today was a good day to be alive.


No footpaths for us - open road baby!


Apparently a self-respecting toddler cant go for a country walk without her handbag!


Bronte taking it easy, tucked in the bottom seat



Our new roof line as viewed from our driveway! The house looks so much bigger and only one third of the new roof is visible from this angle!


More extension pics to come - we have the roof completed today, new gutters all around and Jase even helped put up the double sliding door in the lounge room - exciting!







4 comments:

Mel said...

Wow the new roofline looks amazing - so much bigger! Love the piccies of the girls in the pram - Bronte looks so comfy in the back there, and LOL at Elka taking her handbag - such a little lady. :)

Can't wait to see the piccies of the house closer up.

this jen day said...

oh, gasp! looks like you're in a piece of paradise. xx

Maxabella said...

I love a good walk. It's wonderful, quality time with the children too. x

CAM said...

You live in such a gorgeous area :) The house is looking great!!!

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I