Wednesday, 8 September 2010
So poor little Bronte had to have blood taken yesterday for some testing to rule out infections as a cause of her hearing loss. Needless to say taking blood from the tiny veins of a 3 month old is pretty traumatic for everyone in the room. It was pretty upsetting and as I left the path lab, I realised that my jaw was aching from being clenched for so long.

So I headed to the shops for some much needed retail therapy. Shopping for new season clothes is a special experience after having spent 3 or so seasons shaped like a snake that has swallowed a watermelon. Its very exciting to be able to pick up any style and know that you can wear it. I am also satisified with my weight loss and toning so I am now happy to start buying more expensive clothes as they will get the wear.

I couldn't not buy something from the cool urban military range in Witchery currently. I don't own much khaki green despite having green eyes/brown hair which suits that colour, so I decided to rectify that with this very cute tank top.





This purchase made me decide I needed some neutral or khaki coloured ballet flats. And I was very pleased to come up with these:



Next on my list was a floral spring dress but I wasn't really happy with the ones I tried although Bardot and Forever New had some lovely options, they just weren't breastfeeding friendly and that is still a major requirement for my clothing this year. Oh well plenty more opportunities to look!

My current Want list:
- a new light foundation
- new mascara (Mum and I are going to a beauty event at Myer tomorrow night so I am hoping to pick up the make-up purchases then)
- spring floral dress
- a light funky jacket to throw over singlets/strappy dresses (Portmans has some great ones)
- a new pair of cute cropped jeans
- some striped tailored shorts (Witchery has a few promising styles)
- some cute strappy flats
- a sexy short dress for a beach wedding coming up in December (Forever New had some good options)

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I