Thursday, 16 September 2010
I am bit slow in this update - we have actually progressed past this stage but this was still a major cause for celebration in this house as we have had water damage on our flanking wall to the extension (as its bricks were removed) thanks to the large amount of winter rain we have had through this process. So a roof and gutters symbolise an end to my anxious cloud staring and cursing at the BOM radar.
We repainted our exisiting facia's so that they look as new as the new ones on the extension and we decided to replace all of our current gutters as they were mismatched and peeling. We chose to change the colour from the Colourbond Classic Cream to the Pale Eucalypt colour of the roof. I am happy with the decision now that it is up - phew!
I love the new roof line - it really emphasises how big our house now is and looks far more "interesting" then the straight retangle roof line we used to have.

Next update will show that we have all the windows and doors in, bricks delivered, wall insulation installed, window cladding done and hopefully when the brickies are free next week, we will have walls!
We have also had some water rotted barge boards replaced on the other end of our existing house and new capping on all sides of the roof and along the top - may as well fix as many problems as we can whilst we have a builder on site!
Our plumbing is done and has passed council and we have a new outdoor tap on the new side of the house which I find more exciting than I probably should hehe.
We have organised our french sliding doors for the study-lounge room door and electrician has all our wiring plans for umpteen outdoor lights (wow that made me realise how much verandah we now have!) and internal lights and power points..
We repainted our exisiting facia's so that they look as new as the new ones on the extension and we decided to replace all of our current gutters as they were mismatched and peeling. We chose to change the colour from the Colourbond Classic Cream to the Pale Eucalypt colour of the roof. I am happy with the decision now that it is up - phew!
Old gutters and facia etc

New gutters and painted facia, we have pulled down the timber scrolls on the verandah posts since we are modernising the house, we are taking away the country touches..
excuse the wonky photo, I was in a rush due to a certain baby crying

New gutters and painted facia, we have pulled down the timber scrolls on the verandah posts since we are modernising the house, we are taking away the country touches..
excuse the wonky photo, I was in a rush due to a certain baby crying
I love the new roof line - it really emphasises how big our house now is and looks far more "interesting" then the straight retangle roof line we used to have.
View from front driveway, large open space under roof is the double carport.
Next update will show that we have all the windows and doors in, bricks delivered, wall insulation installed, window cladding done and hopefully when the brickies are free next week, we will have walls!
We have also had some water rotted barge boards replaced on the other end of our existing house and new capping on all sides of the roof and along the top - may as well fix as many problems as we can whilst we have a builder on site!
Our plumbing is done and has passed council and we have a new outdoor tap on the new side of the house which I find more exciting than I probably should hehe.
We have organised our french sliding doors for the study-lounge room door and electrician has all our wiring plans for umpteen outdoor lights (wow that made me realise how much verandah we now have!) and internal lights and power points..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amy
- I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
Blogs I Love
-
-
-
The blog is closing5 months ago
-
Mr Squiggle, Canberra7 months ago
-
Hungry Hippos!1 year ago
-
RAFFLE4 years ago
-
-
Eleven6 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
Blue And White Kitchen Cabinets8 years ago
-
-
-
Dress and coat9 years ago
-
-
35 weeks, 35 books10 years ago
-
DIY \\ Giant pom pom chunky knit hat10 years ago
-
2015 – The Wrap10 years ago
-
Week 50 7.12 – 13.1110 years ago
-
Week 510 years ago
-
Welcome to Matilda's Life Stories...10 years ago
-
-
Road Wars (2015) Online streaming10 years ago
-
Cherchez la femme — Feminism and Birth11 years ago
-
-
teneal-thegirlmostlikely11 years ago
-
looking up11 years ago
-
Den længste dag (1962) Fuld Film Streaming11 years ago
-
The year with the Royal Family 201411 years ago
-
-
Best Wall Paint Colour Ireland11 years ago
-
2 years since my last update!11 years ago
-
Art Walk12 years ago
-
Europe Magic12 years ago
-
Lime Cheesecake in the Raw12 years ago
-
Close to two years on ...12 years ago
-
White Out12 years ago
-
Cheap Backpacks12 years ago
-
-
Metaphors are fun13 years ago
-
-
This is 4 and 11/12's: The Tooth Fairy13 years ago
-
Of Vice and Frenchmen13 years ago
-
Happy New Year!13 years ago
-
Christmas flea & a new venture...13 years ago
-
Life gets in the way13 years ago
-
Archer's Christening13 years ago
-
-
I know I am biased ....13 years ago
-
she had to get out14 years ago
-
Shopaholic14 years ago
-
Turning Thirty14 years ago
-
Miss Goodie Two Shoes custom orders14 years ago
-
-
Garden Mojo14 years ago
-
-
I confess...15 years ago
-
The time came15 years ago
-
stylish blogger award15 years ago
-
2010 Aria Awards Red Carpet15 years ago
-
You are in the wrong spot!15 years ago
-
Up, up and away!16 years ago
-
-
what a great day!16 years ago
-
Internet Habits16 years ago
-
Sorry.16 years ago
-
Where Am I??16 years ago
-
19 Minutes ... And counting!16 years ago
-
Grand Final Fever!16 years ago
-
Every once in a while . . .17 years ago
-
Happy 1st Birthday!17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

4 comments:
Looking good Amy, I am loving seeing your renovations take shape (as opposed to mine stopping!)
Oh its looking fantastic Amy, sounds like you are making great progress now! Will it be done in Dec? Can't wait to see it :)
Looking great! So much work but it'll be worth it!
Thank you for stopping by my blog!
Its looking awesome Amy! I'm loving seeing it all come together - and I love the new roofline as well (not that I really looked hard at your old one). ; ) Can't wait to see it all finished next time we come to visit. xxx
Post a Comment