Monday, 4 October 2010
Poor old Bronte has just turned 4 months old and I have finally started to put together her room. Elka's room was completed by the time I was 26 weeks pregnant - things are different with the second child! However, the room is now painted and has furniture in it, albeit with a double bed still in there as it is still our spare room for a few more months whilst the extension is completed. It also doesn't have a cot in it yet as Bronte is waking at least twice a night and I am too lazy to move her cot out of our room whilst I am still having such disturbed nights.

But anyway - her room is started! I chose a pale pink, black and white theme for her room and I also picked owls as her little "animal". I love the paint colour - it is Dulux in Tea Party quarter strength, a very soft pink. The change table, bookshelf and chest of drawers (and cot) are all in white. I risked a black rug, which I was worried would be a little harsh for a babies room but it works. Mum sewed me black and white japanese cherry blossom curtains which are lined with heavy block out which are great for making the room cosy for sleeping. I have kept the current light fitting which is a lovely antique style hanging glass shade in white glass. A few weeks ago I lucked upon a great toy box in black with black and white fabric lining which I just love! The storage drawers under the change table are all in black and white pattern and I have sewn a black and white owl mobile to hang above the change table. I also have two black frames containing pink japanese style flower prints which I will hang once the double bed is moved out.

Overall I am pleased with the progress and am looking forward to making it more and more finished over the next few months :)


The room with toy box visible under windows


Change table, chest of drawers and bookshelf all currently jammed in waiting for more room to be freed up soon!


The owl mobile I sewed for Bronte whilst pregnant (and nesting!)

4 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Trust me, children's bedrooms are alwyas evolving, they change, need different spaces & i'm spending 3 days swapping my 4 around into different rooms. It's a lot of work but so worth it. That nursery you've created is gorgeous, love Posie

Lydia said...

Oh Amy, it's beautiful. Really funky and a wonderful little world for Bronte to have as her own. The little owls looking down on her are the perfect finishing touch.

Sars said...

Oh Amy its just gorgeous, i love it!!

Mel said...

Its gorgeous Amy! The pink is just perfect and the black and white sets it off without being overpowering. She's going to love it, and it will be a room that will grow quite easily with her. :)

Oh and love the mobile - very talented!

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I