Friday, 22 October 2010
The extension is proceeding well - we are now at that painful stage where little fiddly things need to be done so there are less big changes and it looks so close but feels so far!
I am practicing my patience and zen like calm hehe ;)

But because we are hosting both sides of our families for Christmas, we actually need furniture in the extension for December. So we had the fun of going to the shops and finally purchasing all that lovely stuff that we have been eyeing off for months!


Most essential was a nice large outdoor table for the big deck - this is a 10 seater and is much bigger than the this photo makes it look. Perfect!



This is the new leather lounge (in this chocolate colour) that will fill the new living area - we are having minimal furniture as this room is all about the wall of glass out onto the deck and the view - so its only this very large lounge and a tv on the wall and a coffee table and lamp most likely..
We are also looking for a nice large mirror to have on the back wall to reflect the view of the gum trees etc.


We also got great bargains on white shutters for the bathroom and walk in robe. Chocolate block out curtains for the living area, cream blockout cutrains for the bedroom and stone coloured block out roller curtains for the study windowns. Between 60 and 30% savings on them all - its a great time to be buying home fittings!

I also fell in love with a gorgeous framed picture of a sketch of a chandelier to hang above our bed - I got it ordered in and it is just perfect - no photo though, I will leave it for the unveiling the furnished bedroom :)

Still to get -pick out carpet, the wall of bookshelves for the study, the fit outs for the walk in robe, a coffee table and a lounge/coffee table outdoor set for the deck.

The painting continues, the ensuite is awaiting the semi-frameless shower screen, the living area is being tiled tomorrow and lights and electricity are being finished today. Then its the carpet installation, deck railings, the crimsafe screens to be installed and completing the ceilings and edgings on the verandahs and finally pouring the verandah concrete. Then a bob cat to clean up the worksite and we are "done" (ie we still have more concrete painting and landscaping to do but that is in our time). I can see the end...

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Is that sofa from Bay Leather - we have one identical!!

Sarah said...

Is that sofa from Bay Leather - we have one identical!!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Love the lounge, we have a smiliar one from King Furniture, seats 10 adults or as we found, 4 stretched out children!! You'll love the brown leather, just clean & condition, always looks amazing!!
Good luck with Christmas, our families have 13-14 grandchildren on each side, so add in the parents & grandparents, it's insane to do both families at once.
It's all looking fantastic, enjoy, love Posie

Amy said...

I love it all! Good choices, can't wait to see finished results

Dana said...

love love LOVE the outdoor setting - will look absolutely amazing on your huge deck!!

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I