Sunday, 10 October 2010
Well the rain just hasn't stopped but the builders have stayed under cover and we are still progressing well.

The ensuite bathroom is waterproofed and the tiler is starting on Tuesday after the vanity has been installed. I will be so excited to see the ensuite come together!

Ensuite with waterproofing - despite appearances in this photo, there is a huge window directly across from Elka's head and there are five downlights in the ensuite so it will not be a dark room.


The majority of the verandahs have been battened and the FC sheeting has gone up, including the massive carport ceiling.

We have the front door hung, the door in the connecting hallway and the sliding french doors that divide the study and living room.

The new door (complete with a piece of timber across it for security) - this is the entry door to the extension but is not our main entry door for the house. Yet to be painted...



The sliding french doors - photographed from the study side - living room on the other side. We will most likely be keeping these timber, although the orginal plan was to paint them in a dark colour like japanese screen doors..


Next up is all the carpentery - skirting boards and architraves etc and the timber edging on all the deck and verandah windows etc. The electrician has to install all the lights (which we have bought) and the plumber finish off the ensuite, the shower screen and mirror installed and the down pipes under ground to out to the water tanks. After that there is the concrete to be poured for the wrap around verandahs, the crimsafe screens to be installed and then its over to us for the tiling/carpets, timber treatment for the verandahs and final painting.

We can see the end - it is busy but achievable!

We have been painting "after hours" - all the internal walls are now primed, all the ceilings and cornices are completed with two coats of ceiling white, the high pitched roof of the deck is completed and half the verandah eaves and ceilings have been painted with one coat. So lots more to do but a fair bit done also. Its tiring work - the extension is 240m2 so bigger then some houses ie lots of walls and ceilings and therefore very tired arms and plenty of blisters.

We have bought the living area tiles - they are a slightly smaller creamier version of our current tile, as it is impossible to match our current tile size and colour, so we have bought a nice stone edging for where the two tiles meet (in the hallway). This leaves the carpet and the window dressings - both of which I am working on currently.


The interior priming finished. This is my walk in robe :) It is hard to tell the dimensions from this pic but I can tell you after painting it, its big! Can't wait to set it all up!


The deck ceilings are completed - ready for the downlights to be installed. We had to buy a 2metre long roller to do these ceilings!


Admiring the deck ceilings from the paddock below :)


The completed eaves around the carport - still yet to do the carport ceilings!

4 comments:

Sars said...

Wow Amy its looking fantastic, won't be long now, how exciting!!

Mel said...

Oh Wow Amy! Its all coming together so beautifully! Loving the ceiling of the deck - the view from the paddock really shows its full glory. Loving the size of your ensuite (so jealous!) and your WIR - I think ours in the place we're renting is about 2/3 the size of yours (it just has a shelf and one long rail on each side - symmetrical - so not very creative), so I can imagine how much fun you're going to have setting it up. :)

Deb said...

Looks great Amy! Love the french doors. Can't wait to see the end results.

Rosie said...

OH WOW Amy, its really starting to come together! Fantastic! No wonder your arms are sore though...so much painting!

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I