Sunday, 1 May 2011


So this is actually a stash of shopping from a few weeks ago. How good are the current deals in the shops!? I am trying so hard to not buy too much at the moment as we have made the decision to "live simpler" and try to stop being quite so much the yuppy consumers - its a slippery slope once you start earning good incomes and we are endeavouring to stay grounded and avoid complacency in our budgeting. There are some big costs to still to go on the farm - we have to finish landscaping,building fences and fixing up our driveway and carport area and we have plans for a big overseas trip in 2013 and also a second layer of deck with a pool still to build. So time to buckle down and concentrate on our big goals.

Ironically, it is quite easy to "live simply" when you have just bought a stash of great winter Portmans clothes (including some great biker jeans that I adore!), cute new shoes (including these fantastic new boots below which are cute and super comfy!) and you have just ordered yourself a gorgeous new designer handbag ;) so the test will come in the next few months when I am trying to resist new scarves, cuddly wrap cardigans and cute tweed skirts for work.


Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Ooh good luck with that Amy! I love to live my fashion dreams through you, so don't you stop otherwise I'll have to start buying for myself. ;)

Love those shoes - wonder if they have them in my size?

Lydia said...

Good luck with that. It is amazing how ones spending seems to increase with our income. I remember when a take-away cup of coffee was a splurge.

I hope your 2013 trip will pass near Belgium - we'd love to show you around.

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I