Tuesday, 3 May 2011
well 13 of them I think it was in total... we used the long weekend to start restoring our nice wooden post and rail fences that had to be pulled down for the house extension. And by "we" I mean Jase did all the outside work, while I cared for the girls inside feeling like death warmed up with yet another chest infection.

Unlike a lot of people, our garden yards have to be fenced with fencing that is suitable for not only keeping little kids in and away from the dams but will also keep horses out.... so some of our yards are skirted with horse fencing that we finish with dog wire to contain the kids and also keep foxes out from getting into the chicken coop.

And unlike a lot of people, I wouldn't have anything else. I love post and rail fencing and watching my horses stand looking over the rails. Quaint and country - perfect!

And I love my hubby from the city for learning how to build it from scratch himself and make it so straight and nice. (I won't mention how much more there is to go!)

In progress (the temporary wire fence is just visible)



After - my lovely new view from the deck

5 comments:

Leesa said...

Wow it looks great!

Lydia said...

Looks like he did an amazing job. Get well soon!

Karla said...

Great job!! Big job I imagine!

Sars said...

Looks awesome Amy, I agree post rail fences look awesome, love the country look!

Mel said...

Awesome job by Jase (and for you keeping the girls occupied while he worked). :)

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I