Friday, 5 August 2011


X-rays on my horse - that is how I spent the afternoon. Almost as expensive as Bronte's GA and CT scan. Sam has been showing a mild lameness for the last month or so and since it wasn't improving, we decided to get it checked so I can decide if I continue with him or put him back in the paddock to be a lawnmower slash pet.

In good news - his lameness is most likely treatable, in bad news it is his hooves. So I have moved from one horse that had problem hooves to another. Thoroughbreds are renowned for terrible feet and my last two horses have been prime examples of this.

Oh well - at least I am already seeing the therapeutic farrier as my normal farrier, he has the x-rays emailed to him and we can only do our best to fix Sam.

Fingers crossed he is back in work in a month or so, as according to the dressage instructor and the vet, he is worth the effort...

1 comments:

Lydia said...

How on earth do you x-ray a horse? Do you bring the machine to the farm, or the horse to the vet? Lots of medical woes in your family these days :(

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I