Tuesday, 30 August 2011
I had a tough old day at work - learning the ropes of management when people are 30 years older than you and very resistant to.... well everything, makes for a long tough meeting that I was chairing. Being a scientist means I am great at locking myself away in a lab and researching alone or typing away writing scientific papers in solitude and even guiding students or training others in techniques is fine, but managing others careers day in day out, office politics and dealing with all the government red tape takes some getting used to.

So when I am feeling drained, shopping and fashion is my best pick me up (that and my horses but that is not such a crash hot area at the moment!). Today I treated myself to a pair of cute ballet flats with pointed toe and buckles on them (I am partial to a buckle decal on a shoe I must confess) in black. Classic and perfect for wearing with my cropped skinny pants.

And how about some cute Forever New dresses to lift the soul - I love the little white lace dresses that are around at the moment. Portmans are doing a cute one too.


And the Age of Innocence collection by Forever New has a number of dresses I would happily wear to a summer beachside wedding I have coming up early next year.


And now back to planning my wardrobe to pack for our Sydney trip - seems jeans are going to be the go thanks to some temperatures that look too low for my Qld bones! SHame as I did have some cute skirts and dresses picked out!

5 comments:

Lydia said...

Those are cute - I especially like the last one, though I'm not sure the colour would suit my skin tone.

Hope the weather warms up for you soon so you have an excuse to splurge.

Amy said...

Oh to have the figure and the budget! At the moment, I dress a bit like a stripper. Every outfit I put on is careful considered for the 'how can I get my breasts out of this' factor.

Enjoy your retail therapy time :)

Helen said...

it's actually pretty warm here during the day lately - you can still wear dresses and skirts!
enjoy your trip :)

Lisa said...

I walked past Forever New yesterday and only just had the willpower to stop myself from going in.

Some really gorgeous dresses there at the moment, will definitely be recommending to any students who don't have a formal dress yet!

Mel said...

Ooh I love the last dress in that collection - if they had it in black or even navy blue I could get away with that style! The others, not so much!

Hope you enjoy your trip - looking forward to hearing all about it when you return. :)

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I