Monday, 14 November 2011
I am currently procrastinating from organising our digital photos for printing. So here is the confession - I have not had photos printed since Bronte was 3 weeks old - she is almost 1.5 years old now!! How bad is that!

Tell me I am not the only one that puts off getting photos printed (I even do it online, it shouldn't be that much of a chore!) - confess and make me feel better!

And yes I am sure some of it is also poor second child syndrome - with Elka we had photos printed often and framed. Bronte's baby book is still devoid of a single picture! But all that will change... I am off to do it!

8 comments:

Domestic Chris(tine) said...

I am affraid i beat you there. My back-log of printing goes back to 2008!

CAM said...

Cann't help you there Amy - I'm anal about printing pics to avoid a back log. BUT something you might want to think about is making up photo books instead of printing off a whole heap of pics. They are awesome, easy to make and you can get brilliant deals if you follow groupon, deals.com etc etc. You could forget abour pritning entirely, lol!

Lisa said...

Yes, I've only just filled Caitlin's album she got when she was born! I figured I'd make it 0-2yrs, did the first one and just forgot. Getting close to 3 when I finally got into gear.

Mammamusing said...

You're not a alone.

I have great intentions but they get lost in the day to day business.

It is comforting to know I'm not alone.

Amy said...

Wow Christine!!

CAM - thanks for the tip, photobooks (Other peoples!) always looks so lovely

Lisa and Kate - you make me feel better! THank you :)

Anonymous said...

I only printed some a while ago because Sn@pfish were giving 50 free prints when you signed up for a new account. Other than that? I haven't printed a photo in YEARS.

Dana said...

Is it possible to have second child syndrome with the first child? Yes I take photos but also lax abuot the printing. I have however, found it useful to copy good photos to a designated 'to print' folder which I add to each time I download photos from the camera so even though I don't print them often they are all ready to go rather than having a huge job of selecting the photos I want to print! The photos are also still saved in the correct other files (currently organised by weeks as I too am anal) so i can just delete the copies in the print folder once I get around to getting them printed.

Anonymous said...

Guilty! the only photo I have had printed of Master J is the one for the Thank You's after his birth! :O And I honestly cannot remember the last time I had some printed before he was born, oops!

Photo books, or make a yearly video of the photos? both are time consuming. We did do one dvd for T and one for J, but um, no more....hmmm

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I