Wednesday, 30 November 2011
There is something about looming holidays that all of a sudden make you impatient and discontent with the status quo. I am on call over the Christmas break this year so I have taken a one weeks holiday before Christmas instead. I love the build up to Christmas with my little ones as I savour their excitement, so I am really looking forward to our little break.
Even better, we organised for my parents to take the girls for the weekend before Christmas, so we can enjoy wandering the shops buying their presents in peace.
EVEN better, Jase has booked us a 5 star hotel in the city so that we can shop until we drop... or feel like eating and drinking ourselves stupid in the executive club. Its a surprise for me - I have no idea which hotel he has booked, always nice to be spoilt! So much to look forward to - that is only the beginning.
But as a result, the long hours at work I am currently doing with a number of my staff away and the large amount of work travel Jase is squeezing into the last few work weeks, is really wearing on me. I am fighting to not show my short temper to innocent bystanders!
So much to fit into the last 2.5 weeks until our break but at the same time, how I wish the time would fly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amy
- I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
Blogs I Love
-
-
-
The blog is closing5 months ago
-
Mr Squiggle, Canberra7 months ago
-
Hungry Hippos!1 year ago
-
RAFFLE4 years ago
-
-
Eleven6 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
Blue And White Kitchen Cabinets8 years ago
-
-
-
Dress and coat9 years ago
-
-
35 weeks, 35 books10 years ago
-
DIY \\ Giant pom pom chunky knit hat10 years ago
-
2015 – The Wrap10 years ago
-
Week 50 7.12 – 13.1110 years ago
-
Week 510 years ago
-
Welcome to Matilda's Life Stories...10 years ago
-
-
Road Wars (2015) Online streaming10 years ago
-
Cherchez la femme — Feminism and Birth11 years ago
-
-
teneal-thegirlmostlikely11 years ago
-
looking up11 years ago
-
Den længste dag (1962) Fuld Film Streaming11 years ago
-
The year with the Royal Family 201411 years ago
-
-
Best Wall Paint Colour Ireland11 years ago
-
2 years since my last update!11 years ago
-
Art Walk12 years ago
-
Europe Magic12 years ago
-
Lime Cheesecake in the Raw12 years ago
-
Close to two years on ...12 years ago
-
White Out12 years ago
-
Cheap Backpacks12 years ago
-
-
Metaphors are fun13 years ago
-
-
This is 4 and 11/12's: The Tooth Fairy13 years ago
-
Of Vice and Frenchmen13 years ago
-
Happy New Year!13 years ago
-
Christmas flea & a new venture...13 years ago
-
Life gets in the way13 years ago
-
Archer's Christening13 years ago
-
-
I know I am biased ....13 years ago
-
she had to get out14 years ago
-
Shopaholic14 years ago
-
Turning Thirty14 years ago
-
Miss Goodie Two Shoes custom orders14 years ago
-
-
Garden Mojo14 years ago
-
-
I confess...15 years ago
-
The time came15 years ago
-
stylish blogger award15 years ago
-
2010 Aria Awards Red Carpet15 years ago
-
You are in the wrong spot!15 years ago
-
Up, up and away!16 years ago
-
-
what a great day!16 years ago
-
Internet Habits16 years ago
-
Sorry.16 years ago
-
Where Am I??16 years ago
-
19 Minutes ... And counting!16 years ago
-
Grand Final Fever!16 years ago
-
Every once in a while . . .17 years ago
-
Happy 1st Birthday!17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


4 comments:
Oh that break sounds PERFECT - enjoy x
oh it sounds like so much fun to do that. Enjoy your break
I just have Christmas to look forward to and I wish it was here already. I want to wrap presents and I want to see the excitement on the kids faces and spend time with family and take lots of photos!
hope you get through the remaining weeks without scaring too many innocent bystanders ;) and enjoy your break when the time finally comes.
Bummer about being on call over Christmas, but I'm glad you're still taking a much needed break! Jase never ceases to amaze me with his ability to surprise you and whisk you away for magical evenings and getaways - guess he has to make up for the last nights and trips away?
I'm with Amy - don't scare too many innocent bystanders - I'll try not and do the same. :)
Post a Comment