Sunday, 5 April 2009
Me apparently!

For ages I have been griping on about how much I wanted to paint our bedroom. Its the last room that I haven't repainted from the hideous colours the previous owners used throughout. Its the last as it was the least dire, it was one feature wall done in the suede effect paint that I just dont love (no offence to people that do! It can look great) and a very bodgy paint job that drove me nuts. The colour wasn't too bad - a deep plum but it didnt do much with the rest of the walls that are in the house's main colour of a soft apricot/cream.

I had my heart set on a Tiffany blue room. I thought how romantic without being overtly "girly".
Something like this


Our room is a good size, has both a walk in robe and a wall cupboard, a large window that is almost ceiling to floor and takes up most of a wall so lots of light and is filled with lovely deep timber furniture and a black and white chandelier. Sounds like it should look great - right?!

Hmm well after a morning of painting, I HATE it. Oh the blue is the right shade - I got the colour correct (by getting a stronger blue done in a half strength). but its cold, particularly after the cosiness of the plum and the light flooding in through the window just makes every thing including the pale floortiles look blue tinted.

I want my plum back :( So its back to the paint shop for new paint samples - I am now planning on having my cosy girly room and embracing a dusky rose or mauve colour scheme... in the meanwhile we are waiting to see if the blue grows on us.

Perhaps photos to follow..

4 comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

I love the idea of the blue. I hope it gets to stay. xx

Anonymous said...

I hate it when a paint colour isn't what you expected. We had a similar thing happen with a green feature wall - I love the idea of it, but in reality it just doesn't work for us.

Kirrily said...

It looks gorgeous in that photo Amy, but I can understand how you could not like it on your walls!
I hope you change your mind and end up loving it!

Amy said...

Its kind of growing on me guys ;)

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I