Thursday, 3 September 2009
I haven't done an update on Miss Elka for a long time. She is almost 15 months now and well and truly a toddler!
She amazes me every day now - so much talking and learning. She chatters in her own language but has picked up a lot of words now - dog, woof, miaow, duck, quack, ta, more, me, bubble, bath, bye, hello daddy, shoe, sock, swing, Nana, cheese, toast, ball, gone, there, this, where.... to name a few. We can really communicate now and she loves to mimic sentences such as "press the button" and "where's the ball?" She can point out her nose, tummy, feet and eye when asked.
She is very helpful around the house. She gets out the broom and sweeps. She likes to wipe down her high chair after meals and today when i gave her the cloth to wipe, she went to the cupboard and got out the cleaning spray to use! When I say its time to feed the cats, Elka climbs into the low cupboard to fetch a can of cat food - very handy! She can also pull out their cat biscuits and pour them roughly into (and around!) their bowls, much to the cats delight! She loves to hand feed the chickens and the magpies and helps make up the horses hard feed scooping up the different feeds and "helping" to carry the bucket.
We are still waiting patiently for some more teeth! She has thankfully not been as sick in the last month or so. She is on a long term low dose of antibiotic to prevent any more burst eardrums. She still sleeps wonderfully - still 7pm-7am every single night. She has dropped down to one day sleep - generally at about 11am for 2 hours.
Her hair has grown very long but she has developed a great interest in pulling out any hair ties or clips so she is currently getting around with wild curls at the back and a messy full fringe.
Daycare has started sending her to the 2 year old room for a few hours to get used to it. She seems to love it - much more stimulation and interesting activities then the nursery. She has even slept in the little portable camp beds that they use in that room - her first non-cot sleep!
She is a good eater - loves to snack all day. Current favorites are bananas, sultanas and Tiny Teddy's. She had her first ice cream cone the other day (see pic) - wasn't too fussed but ate some before the chickens scored the rest.
She adores music - loves to bop and dance. She loves pop music and will clap away to JT or Madonna (hmmm terrible music taste of mother coming out I think!). She sings Row Row Row Your Boat and loves to be rocked back and forth.
She has shot up in height and is wearing size 2 in some clothes - mainly for her round little tummy! She is just moving out of size 5 shoes and into size 6.
She has started to be very independent and I struggle to keep her out of the gardens unsupervised - I am concerned about snakes as the weather warms up. If she doesn't get her way, then she will precede to do a bit of a cry/scream and throws her arms around. If you are in range she might try a bit of a swinging hit at your legs etc. We tend to ignore her when she is doing these tantrums - that is punishment enough as she hates being ignored.
She is great company, very tiring and a lot of fun. I am as always excited about what will come next - every stage has been so wonderful and I always think it can't get better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amy
- I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
Blogs I Love
-
-
-
The blog is closing5 months ago
-
Mr Squiggle, Canberra7 months ago
-
Hungry Hippos!1 year ago
-
RAFFLE4 years ago
-
-
Eleven6 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
Blue And White Kitchen Cabinets8 years ago
-
-
-
Dress and coat9 years ago
-
-
35 weeks, 35 books10 years ago
-
DIY \\ Giant pom pom chunky knit hat10 years ago
-
2015 – The Wrap10 years ago
-
Week 50 7.12 – 13.1110 years ago
-
Week 510 years ago
-
Welcome to Matilda's Life Stories...10 years ago
-
-
Road Wars (2015) Online streaming10 years ago
-
Cherchez la femme — Feminism and Birth11 years ago
-
-
teneal-thegirlmostlikely11 years ago
-
looking up11 years ago
-
Den længste dag (1962) Fuld Film Streaming11 years ago
-
The year with the Royal Family 201411 years ago
-
-
Best Wall Paint Colour Ireland11 years ago
-
2 years since my last update!11 years ago
-
Art Walk12 years ago
-
Europe Magic12 years ago
-
Lime Cheesecake in the Raw12 years ago
-
Close to two years on ...12 years ago
-
White Out12 years ago
-
Cheap Backpacks12 years ago
-
-
Metaphors are fun13 years ago
-
-
This is 4 and 11/12's: The Tooth Fairy13 years ago
-
Of Vice and Frenchmen13 years ago
-
Happy New Year!13 years ago
-
Christmas flea & a new venture...13 years ago
-
Life gets in the way13 years ago
-
Archer's Christening13 years ago
-
-
I know I am biased ....13 years ago
-
she had to get out14 years ago
-
Shopaholic14 years ago
-
Turning Thirty14 years ago
-
Miss Goodie Two Shoes custom orders14 years ago
-
-
Garden Mojo14 years ago
-
-
I confess...15 years ago
-
The time came15 years ago
-
stylish blogger award15 years ago
-
2010 Aria Awards Red Carpet15 years ago
-
You are in the wrong spot!15 years ago
-
Up, up and away!16 years ago
-
-
what a great day!16 years ago
-
Internet Habits16 years ago
-
Sorry.16 years ago
-
Where Am I??16 years ago
-
19 Minutes ... And counting!16 years ago
-
Grand Final Fever!16 years ago
-
Every once in a while . . .17 years ago
-
Happy 1st Birthday!17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

2 comments:
Happy 15 months Elka! She is just adorable - and wow she is learning so much, she sounds like such a joy to be around :)
Happy 15 Months. She's such a cutie. xx
Post a Comment