Wednesday, 2 September 2009
So as I have blogged here - we had a weekend away for a friends wedding. By away, I mean to Brisbane city - so all of a 35 minute drive but regardless it was still a hotel, a getaway without Elka and a chance to dress up and have a few drinks. It was not my first night away from Elka - despite just about everybody asking me if it was! I have been quite happily leaving Elka with family since she was three months old.

It was a sweet relaxed wedding and we let our hair down.. and paid for it the next morning lol. I definitely made the most of the cooked breakfast buffet the next morning - I am a eating machine when hungover. I would be a much larger size if I drank regularly from all the bad eating! As fun as it was, I honestly felt that I hadn't been missing much by being out at the farm and not partying it up in the city on weekends. I can't decide if that is nice or sad to say at 28? I do know that I did more than my fair share of drinking and dancing and shenanigans when I was at uni (for 7 years so there was plenty of partying!) so maybe I am just ready to be old before my time...

Here we are all dressed up. Don't scrub up to bad considering only a few hours before I was showjumping and Jase was covered in grease repairing our dam irrigation pump! and yes I know I look pregnant in that photo but trust me I am not (or it would be a pickled bub by now!). That will teach me for slouching.

I adore this dress - it was just so lovely to wear.
Ironically I was worried about Elka staining it before I left home as she was keen for lots of hugs once I was dressed (I swear they have a sixth sense!). But I TRASHED it at the reception - starting with dropping a knife of butter on to it and ending with about seven champagne drip stains. It is still at the dry cleaners as their first attempt didn't remove all the stains... I am hopeful that it can be rescued as I am planning an encore wearing at an engagement party in Sydney in a few weeks!

2 comments:

Amy said...

What a fantastic dress!! You look great (and DH scrubs up pretty well too!).

Anonymous said...

The dress looks lovely - I hope you can get the stains out!

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I