Tuesday, 22 September 2009

I have made a record I think - I have had my most recent handbag for 10 months. Its a lovely mix of pretty and useful - an Oroton deep chocolate hobo bag with lovely metal ends (I am a sucker for metal details!)

In fact it just tried to die on me by half the strap falling off (totally my fault for stuffing it full of way too much stuff always). However, I superglued it back together (yep too lazy to get the leather restitched) and was very smug about my repair job. Until the next morning where in the light of day, I discovered I had dropped a huge smear of super glue on the beautiful soft leather. So yeah - ruined now!

So.. its time for a new bag. I fret when shopping for a bag - I am fussy. I like brands - I see my handbag as a splurge. i don't like brands that are too popular (For example Guess! I was using Guess bags long before the bogans discovered them but rapidly dropped the brand once everyone and their dog started hoiking them around). But I don't like spending an absolute fortune as my bag carries half wrapped Butter Menthols, half eaten cheese sticks from Elka, a camera, a diary (my external brain and memory) and 15 lip glosses, so it can't be too precious....

urrgh so I have wandered through many a Myer and David Jones selection already and seen nothing even worthy of trying on my shoulder. Witchery had a slouchy bag that made me pause but seriously their prices are really inflated for what you get as far as workmanship... Oroton has a gorgeous studded black bag in magazines at the moment but I am seriously contemplating whether the studs would be too sharp for having around Elka (!)

So the search continues...

If you have a fave bag or designer, please feel free to leave a comment and inspire me!

5 comments:

Gemma said...

OMG. That bag is divine! You must be heartbroken to have to replace it! I know I would be!

I'm coveting a Louis Vuitton bag ... but at $2k, it's not going to happen.

Hunting for a handbag is always a challenge.

Anonymous said...

I have a nappy bag - so not much help.

But good luck with the search ;)

Amy said...

Naah Gem - that is a pic of a bag that I like that I whacked in after I wrote the post... sorry its a bit confusing..

Am definitely thinking about getting that one though! Love it!

LOL Alicia - dont worry my nappy bag still goes everywhere with me still too! I have the Oroton Signture Nappy bag and I love it!

xox

April @ Composed by April said...

Seriously Amy, I think I would start where you last ended: Oroton.

I love Oroton, I am currently carrying an oversized red Oroton bag, which cost me a small fortune, but I love it to death.

Kylez..aka...Mrs.P! said...

I'm with you on the Oroton...and your new bag is gorgeous! I've had my current bag for about 10 months now too (I think that's a record...I'm a bit of a handbag whore!)so I think it's now time to get a new one...wish the hairdresser had dropped even more hair dye on it...then I could justify it better to Mr.P! But still, can't be going around with a dyed bag can I!

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I