Saturday, 7 August 2010
This deck is one of the main reasons for our extension - we have a back patio currently but have always wanted to make the most of the lovely paddocks and dam to one side of the house. We are so excited about having this indoor/outdoor space for lazy BBQ's, morning coffees and entertaining. It will have a pitched roof with an outdoor ceiling fan and downlights and will joing to the house with double glass sliding doors into our new open plan living area, so it will really flow and open the house up with the bonus of a lovely aspect into the trees.

So the timber decking is in now and the builder has started on the timber verandah posts and barge boards. Next up will come the frame and then we will see the house and verandahs really take shape.

I love the deck and the side timber verandahs as much as I thought I would. I can imagine it with the pitched deck roof and the timber and cable railings, with a new timber table setting in one corner and a cane lounge and coffee table in the other... we are also thinking of a day bed outside out bedroom on the narrower side verandah.. yep excited and this warm winter weather is teasing me even more!


The extension from the paddock - if you look closely you can see the barge boards up on either end of the photo - the very far left being the one for the verandah running along our ensuite and the right being the barge board for the edge of the carport. It gives you an idea of how long this extension really is!!


The deck and the side verandahs - this is taken from what will be outside our Master Bedroom/Walk in Robe/Ensuite section


The view into the gum trees and over the back dam from the deck

6 comments:

Rosie said...

Hopped over here from ido land - PK here! I have visited you a few times but never commented...sorry!
Your deck looks beautiful...and that view is GORGEOUS!!! You have totally set the scene with your description...its going to be such an amazing space!

Sars said...

oh Amy its just gorgeous, can't wait to see the finished product!

britt@absolutealaia said...

I cannot wait to see the end result. It is going to look absolutely awesome!

Amy said...

Thanks so much guys!! Can't wait!
xox

Mel said...

Love it Amy! Can't wait to see it all finished. Love how you're describing it too - just devine!

BB said...

Oh. My. God. THIS IS DIVINE!!!!!

We have deck plans... BIG deck plans. And this post is gonna kick me into gear again to pursue it. I am a vivid shade of green looking at your pics...

:-)
BB
PS Can you possibly do me a favour and update my blog link on your sidebar? That's my old blogger blog - now at www.bushbabeofoz.com

THanks!

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I