Friday, 13 August 2010
We have had some amazing rain this week - great for our water tanks as they were getting low with the extra use from the builders and the extra clothes washing I need to do with a newborn in the house. The tanks are now centimetres away from being full - wonderful! And the paddocks are looking nice and healthy, not to mention the dam levels have risen nicely.

But said rain does not do much for building progress unfortunately. We were supposed to have the house frame started, finished and the roof trusses put up all this week.

Rather due to these lovely conditions (pictured), we have stalled on just starting the house frame (which is still exciting to see up really)

If you look closely you can see the rain pouring down on the concrete slab on the bottom left corner. And that mist through the trees is actually sheets of rain. It was crazy rain for Winter! More like our Spring downpours.


The builders are working Saturday to try and catch up a bit. Next week will hopefully bring roof trusses (yay for getting them off my driveway where they are blocking the view out of the lounge room windows) and the measurements for the Colourbond roof. We have to decide on the colour and shape of our gutters - arrrgh so many choices!


Looking into the new study from the open plan living area - this will have japanese screen style sliding doors seperating the two areas.


The wall of the study that faces the existing house - there is a high narrow window looking out of the study into this courtyard area, the far right of frame is the door that will lead into the living area from the new (replacing our old) wrap around verandahs

2 comments:

GG said...

Wow it's been awhile since I ventured onto your blog! Looks like you've got your hands full!

I hope the rain eases up! I blame it on the changing seasons....which isn't really a bad thing! Spring is upon us.

Gwen.xx

Amy said...

So lovely to hear from you gorgeous!!

Yeah keeping busy ;)

xoxo

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I