Sunday, 28 August 2011
Unfortunately I don't mean literally. Sam is still lame despite his therapeutic shoeing - it can take longer but I was hoping to see an improvement already. I am preparing for the worst and we are in discussions about the best budget and key attributes that I might need from a new horse. I am not very excited - buying a competition horse is a pretty painful laborious process.
But I am feeling better and back to my usual self thankfully. So we spent the day soaking up the hot (!) sun and pottering around the property doing spring cleaning and jobs. We have had buckets of rain in the last week and the grass is green, a bloom has been washed off our main dam and the place just looks divine.
We started the day with home laid eggs on toast, Elka and I cooked banana muffins made with home grown bananas, lunch was full of sage picked from our own herb garden and we plucked green and red striped lillies out of the garden to decorate the house. It was definitely one of those days where living on acreage is worth every minute of the extra chores, commute and cost.
And now I am alternating between packing and panicking about our family holiday to Sydney in four days time. I have always holidayed with the girls in the car so I can pile up as much stuff as I want. But this time we are flying and confining everything to one or two suitcases is doing my head in! But the aquarium tickets are booked, the zoo is organised and we have catch ups with old friends and family sorted so its going to be good, even if I have to buy a million forgotten things when we get there!
But I am feeling better and back to my usual self thankfully. So we spent the day soaking up the hot (!) sun and pottering around the property doing spring cleaning and jobs. We have had buckets of rain in the last week and the grass is green, a bloom has been washed off our main dam and the place just looks divine.
We started the day with home laid eggs on toast, Elka and I cooked banana muffins made with home grown bananas, lunch was full of sage picked from our own herb garden and we plucked green and red striped lillies out of the garden to decorate the house. It was definitely one of those days where living on acreage is worth every minute of the extra chores, commute and cost.
And now I am alternating between packing and panicking about our family holiday to Sydney in four days time. I have always holidayed with the girls in the car so I can pile up as much stuff as I want. But this time we are flying and confining everything to one or two suitcases is doing my head in! But the aquarium tickets are booked, the zoo is organised and we have catch ups with old friends and family sorted so its going to be good, even if I have to buy a million forgotten things when we get there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amy
- I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
Blogs I Love
-
Housekeeping!1 week ago
-
-
The blog is closing6 months ago
-
Mr Squiggle, Canberra8 months ago
-
Hungry Hippos!1 year ago
-
RAFFLE4 years ago
-
-
Eleven6 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
Blue And White Kitchen Cabinets8 years ago
-
-
-
Dress and coat9 years ago
-
-
35 weeks, 35 books10 years ago
-
DIY \\ Giant pom pom chunky knit hat10 years ago
-
2015 – The Wrap10 years ago
-
Week 50 7.12 – 13.1110 years ago
-
Week 510 years ago
-
Welcome to Matilda's Life Stories...10 years ago
-
-
Road Wars (2015) Online streaming11 years ago
-
Cherchez la femme — Feminism and Birth11 years ago
-
-
teneal-thegirlmostlikely11 years ago
-
looking up11 years ago
-
Den længste dag (1962) Fuld Film Streaming11 years ago
-
The year with the Royal Family 201411 years ago
-
-
Best Wall Paint Colour Ireland12 years ago
-
2 years since my last update!12 years ago
-
Art Walk12 years ago
-
Europe Magic12 years ago
-
Lime Cheesecake in the Raw12 years ago
-
Close to two years on ...12 years ago
-
White Out12 years ago
-
Cheap Backpacks13 years ago
-
-
Metaphors are fun13 years ago
-
-
This is 4 and 11/12's: The Tooth Fairy13 years ago
-
Of Vice and Frenchmen13 years ago
-
Happy New Year!13 years ago
-
Christmas flea & a new venture...13 years ago
-
Life gets in the way13 years ago
-
Archer's Christening14 years ago
-
-
I know I am biased ....14 years ago
-
she had to get out14 years ago
-
Shopaholic14 years ago
-
Turning Thirty14 years ago
-
Miss Goodie Two Shoes custom orders14 years ago
-
-
Garden Mojo14 years ago
-
-
I confess...15 years ago
-
The time came15 years ago
-
stylish blogger award15 years ago
-
2010 Aria Awards Red Carpet15 years ago
-
You are in the wrong spot!15 years ago
-
Up, up and away!16 years ago
-
-
what a great day!16 years ago
-
Internet Habits16 years ago
-
Sorry.16 years ago
-
Where Am I??16 years ago
-
19 Minutes ... And counting!16 years ago
-
Grand Final Fever!16 years ago
-
Every once in a while . . .17 years ago
-
Happy 1st Birthday!17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

1 comments:
Sorry to hear about Sam, Amy. I hope he gets better for you so you don't have to worry about shopping for a new horse.
I'm so jealous of all your natural home grown produce! Can't wait to get my garden up and running properly. We have some vegies growing and hopefully they'll be ready for harvesting soon - the kids are already eyeing off the carrots and eating the herbs out of my pots, so thats a good sign. Oh and Damo's parents now have some 8mth old chooks that have been laying eggs, so we've been getting their 'left overs' - so good!
Hope you have a great Holiday - can't wait to hear about it and see all the photos - sounds fantastic!
Post a Comment