Thursday, 15 September 2011
So my lovely parents have swept the girls away for four days of spoiling on their farm. Which leaves Jase and I four days together as just a couple. Always nice to remind yourself how you operated as that dynamic. And just how easy life really was back then!

We were originally going to spoil ourselves in a hotel or a resort somewhere. But at some point, we realised, that we love our gorgeous home and never get to just sit and relax in it. We are always caring for the girls, working long hours and working on the property. So... we are holidaying at home - we have stacks of DVDs rented, a huge TV with surround sound that we have only watched movies on a handful of times, a cosy new bedroom with views over the dam into the misty gum trees, champagne in the fridge, fruit ready for a platter and the ingredients for a decadent chocolate mousse. Aaahh sleep-ins, DVDs during the day and over eating and drinking, tick tick tick!

And I might have to lecture tomorrow (yay last lecture for the semester!) but we are turning that into a shopping/movies/dinner out in the city evening, so even that will be a pleasure.

Kids certainly make you appreciate the little things and oh how I am loving these little things :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your home holiday sounds lovely!

Love the idea of it.

Enjoy :-)

Nicole said...

I love home holidays.

Amy said...

Thanks guys :) xo

Amy said...

Weee!

I know you'll end up reorganising your wardrobe or painting the porch, because you are like that, but do try and watch at least one movie!

Mel said...

Oh oh oh so jealous! I know exactly what you mean about holidaying in your own home - when our kids have sleep overs at the Grandparents (not often enough admitedly), we like to stay home, watch movies with the volume up loud, sleep in and not have to listen out for the kids. We still feel guilty doing it, but its a nice break and a good 'reset' for us.

Hope you have a fantastic weekend! Hope we can get one ourselves soon. :)

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

That sounds idea to me - enjoy x

Mammamusing said...

Sounds wonderful! Enjoy every moment of your blissful four days :)

Lydia said...

Enjoy a little bit of relaxation and quality time together.

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I