Wednesday, 17 June 2009
..how we celebrated! I will mostly let the photos do the talking. And yes its a bubby heavy blogging week as I still have her Birthday Party on Saturday to come :) but hey my baby girl only turns one once and I want to record it all.

We woke up the Birthday Girl on a misty winter morning to discover the poor thing had a terrible wheezy chest. But she partied on regardless and a trip to the Drs didn't interrupt the festivities too much.


Every Birthday Girl should start the day with a pink balloon


Present opening time - it requires a lot of concentration


Lunch in the Park with Mum and Dad



Enjoying her main Birthday Present


"Are you sure Daddy? This is pretty high!"


"Whhhheeeeeeeeeeee"



Meeting the pigs in the animal park


"Say hello to the piggies Elka" She loves to wave!


Meeting the little calf with Daddy



All tuckered out on the way home from the Park

Afternoon Tea means Birthday Cake! A great end to a big day of celebrating

5 comments:

Deb said...

What a gorgeous day you had Amy. Is that Queens Park? It looks so much like it if it isn't. I love the look of concentration on Elka's face as she opens her present and the pic of her on the slide is so cute. I am highly doubtful Jem will know what to do with her presents in regards to unwrapping.

Hope the 2nd year is just as magical as the first :)

Amy said...

thanks Deb! Yep that is Queens Park - I thought you would recognise it!

Jem might just surprise you with the unwrapping - ripping paper seems to come quite naturally LOL!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

How wonderful - it looks like you all had a great day.

Love the pic of her tuckered out in the car - too cute :)

Kirrily said...

Happy Birthday Elka!
Hope you all had a wonderful day!

and you've been tagged!

Leila said...

Aww Elka is so adorable. Looks like it was a great day!

I have tagged you - http://www.thatrandomleila.com/2009/06/meme-ories.html

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I