Wednesday, 24 June 2009
The gorgeous and clever Leila has tagged me with some questions...

What is your current obsession?
It was until this weekend decorating food in polka dot's for Elka's birthday party....

What are you wearing today?
Grey knitted men style pants, grey and white stripy tailored shirt, a black knitted vest jumper and a cute black military jacket that I borrowed (stole) off my mum.. its a work day not a mummy day hence the lack of jeans ;)

What’s for dinner?
Some sort of Teriyaki chicken - its Jase's meal to cook so I haven't paid much attention..

What’s the last thing you bought?
Butter menthols and petrol (at the same time) - am still sick blah and living semi-rurally and commuting to the city means needing lots of petrol...

What are you listening to right now?
The ducks fighting outside and I can hear some Lorikeets. The farm is having a lovely peaceful morning..

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Possibly Derbyshire to catch up with an old friend - I love where she lives, true Jane Austen country

Which language do you want to learn?
Japanese

What do you love most about where you currently live?
My beautiful acreage with the ghost white gum trees and green grass and big blue sky - its just so peaceful and filled with animals. I love having room for my horses and privacy but with so many facilities (read good shopping!) close by. I also love here for the beautiful weather all year round, semi-tropical plants and the beach being near by.

What is your favorite colour?
It changes every few years but is currently mint green or plum purple.

What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?
At the moment it is a toss up between a vintage skirt I bought in Paris (hehe sounds wanky but true!) or a cute knitted Witchery dress I bought for this season..

Describe your personal style?
I love fashion - I am normally fairly understated and try to achieve elegance. But I also try to be a little on trend but with my own interpretation. I am a funny mix of preppy and a little gothic romantic...


If you had $300 now, what would you spend it on?
Shoes and some new cardigans

What are you going to do after this?
Go to the dentist :( then to work


What are your favorite films?
Zoolander
Love Actually
Top Gun
Days of Thunder
Romeo and Juliet (Baz's version)

Your favourite smell?
Horse

Do you collect anything?
Antique books

What makes you follow a blog?
A genuine person who is writing for themselves not for an audience

Do you like to comment on blogs or just lurk?
I try to comment but sometimes I am short of time..

What’s one thing you dream of doing?
I have acheived most things I used to dream of :) and that is just so wonderful and something I am thankful for every day. I would like to get back into photography with a decent camera and take my mum on African safari one day (so far we have done Western Plains Zoo together LOL)

What is your biggest regret?
I have a few but honestly I wouldnt change anything as all my decisions have made me the person I am where I am today (cheesy but truly how I feel!)

What is your favourite thing to do on a rainy day?
Put on a DVD and have something yummy cooking in the oven. 2nd fav thing to do is to go shopping and sit in a cosy cafe drinking a hot choc and watching the rain :)

Do you have a tattoo?
No - I have very pale skin and a tatoo would look very harsh so I have never gotten on. I would love a little seahorse below my hipbone if I did get one though..

You have 1 minute before you die, what do you say to your loved one/s?
That I love them and that life is wonderful - make the most of every minute. I feel that I have.

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I