Wednesday, 3 June 2009
I have decided to go back to work an extra day a week... as of next week. So that puts me at three days a week.

As I have mentioned many times before - stay at home mum I am not. Of course I love my time with Elka and adore pottering around but I need to get off the property and talk to other people and use my mind. Its just how I am.

Two days a week just wasn't enough time as a scientist - I couldn't achieve enough in the laboratory, was stressing out and taking home so much work anyway. So I am looking forward to it - I think I will be more relaxed....

I hate how working mothers feel they have to justify how much their child loves daycare so I wont go into a big guilt-laden rant about how much Elka thrives in daycare. Obviously I know my child and what is best for her and I am completely content with her in care three days a week. Enough said.

And I feel very blessed- lucky that I love my career and very fortunate that I can choose my work hours based on my whims rather than our finances.

And of course more work days means more lovely work outfits ;)

4 comments:

Katy said...

That's fantastic that your work is so flexible! I can't wait to get back into the workforce once the kids are back in school (unfortunately 3 kids in daycare isn't affordable!).

Lydia said...

Glad to know that you can make the right decision for yourself and your family. I need to get out of the house too - I am so much happier working than I was sitting around the house.

April @ Composed by April said...

that is fantastic news! Never feel you have to justify your choices to anyone honey. If it works for you, hubby and Elka, then thats the way it is :)

Love how you are excited about the new outfits, thats something I would do. LOL

Anonymous said...

Great news - I hope this means that you don't have to take as much work home.

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I