Thursday, 4 February 2010
Hehe I had to put this update off as I have been really sick and I was in so much pain and discomfort that I could't think of anything nice to say about this stage of pregnancy! But all the sickness and pain seemed to evenuate into a lovely viral gastro which thankfully passed and now I am back to feeling good again - blessed relief!

But there is my big old tummy that has had a decent growth spurt this week - I am as big as I was at 30 week with Elka! My bump has started getting in the way, getting whacked into things and I am constantly spilling things on my clothes - I am just not used to being such a wide/long load! Twice I have gotten home from work and noticed that in the mirror I have stains on my clothes under the bump where I can't possibly see lol. I am becoming a hot mess!

Yesterday was one of THOSE days - any lady who has been pregnant will understand - I was public property. Every single person I passed, spoke to or even didn't, felt like they wanted to comment on how big my stomach was. I got asked if I was sure it wasn't twins.. if I had a pillow up my dress and also got told that I must be 7 months pregnant rather than 5 months. I know everyone means well but comments enmasse tend to get to you. Imagine if everybody you saw commented on your *insert body part* constantly - it eventually makes you feel so self concious... Its strange because at the same time obviously I love my bump and love "showing" and of course I am puitting my belly pic up here for public comment - its a bit of a strange contradiction but I think all pregnant women experience it!

I am getting Braxton Hicks on and off and bubs is really kicking me in the cervix at the moment. I am feeling pretty good besides tired from being ill and my tummy is very tight and makes it hard to bend over comfortably etc. I have noticed that I am struggling to carry Elka now - her legs can't really wrap around me anymore.

I have put on 8kg so far - my weight gain was jumping up for awhile there but I have sat at 65kg for a few weeks now. I am craving fresh fruit which probably helps. Also loving pasta though! I still feel pretty nauseous in the mornings unfortunately but its nothing like what it used to be.

Elka loves to kiss and pat the baby bump which is so cute. We have done NOTHING to prepare for this bub - I really need to organised! We are holding off organising the new nursery until the house extensions are underway as our master bedroom will become the new spare bedroom freeing our current spare bedroom for the new nursery. I have plans but am not feeling as "nesty" as last time - I think cleaning constantly after a toddler tends to satisfy the nesting urges lol.

The heat is really knocking me this time around - its been upwards of 36 degrees for alot of the last few weeks - we have had a few cooler rainy days since and its been bliss. All that extra blood pumping around definitely makes it hard to keep your body temperature down!

All in all its going well, although I am constantly surprised at just "how pregnant" I already feel - get reminders of the 30 weeks feelings quite often! I think its worse knowing what you are in for ;)
But I am craving horseriding so much at the moment - so I just have to keep plodding through, before I know it I will be back on annoying my horses!

6 comments:

Kellyansapansa said...

You look so gorgeous! I've never been pregnant, but I imagine that the constant comments and people wanting to rub your tummy must be annoying. Keep practising that fake smile!

Lydia said...

Glad that you're feeling a little bit better. You're over the half-way mark now, so I hope things get easier.

I find it strange that people have the good sense to keep their thoughts about a women's breasts or rear to themselves, but somehow they think it's okay to publicly analyse her bump.

Mel said...

Glad you're feeling better Amy. And yeah, the "public property" thing sucks! I used to get heaps of comments because I was carrying around Liam - who wasn't even 1 - and was heavily pregnant. Its amazing how pregnancy/babies/children make total strangers feel that they have a right to comment/touch/interfere with you - people who would have never given you a second look previously.

Looking forward to seeing how things go with your renos and your new nursery/girls room as well. :)

britt@absolutealaia said...

Oh Amy you look beautiful xxx

Shellsibelle said...

Looking gorgeous!! <3 I can imagine the bump comments would get tiresome after a while. But ohhh when I see pregnant women I feel so excited for them and I have to keep my hand from patting bumps, or from making comments about gorgeous bellies because I know how it bothers women! :P When I am pregnant some day I will understand :D xox

Deb said...

Oh Amy, you look absolutely fabtastic! I would not pay attention to what all those silly people say. Pregnancy suits you so well!

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I