Wednesday, 17 February 2010
I am now officially less than a year away from 30! Gulp!

I had a nice low key birthday - unlike most people it seems, judging by the comments, I was quite happy to go to work on my birthday. I mean a lot of my friends are there anyway! We went out for lunch too which is always a nice way to spend a work day :)

I was woken by my lovely hubby and about five interesting shaped gift wrapped boxes. Much to my delight he had spoilt me with a Nikon SLR camera and multiple lenses to go with it! I used to take photography and actually topped it in high school and have lamented that my old SLR was not digital for many years. Any reader of this blog would now that the snap shots I post are hardly anything quality. So its just wonderful to have something to play with again and I have high hopes that I can at least take some decentish photos when I get the hang of it!

We finished my birthday with a nice dinner out, little Elka was a well behaved angel. Finally there was the perfect end to a birthday, with a white chocolate mud cake. Not to mention that my little princess learnt how to say "Happy Birthday Mummy" and to sing "Happy Birthday" for me!

We will finish the celebrations next week with my family as they are coming up to mind Elka whilst Jase and I go on our wedding anniversary holiday. Hopefully I can document the holiday beautifully with the new camera!

Alas due to long hours at work I haven't had much time to play with the SLR yet but I did take a few shots while Elka and I fed the animals this evening, despite the failing light.. (I suspect this is the first of many photos you will be subjected to!)



Hanging off the fence in the horse paddock


Feeding the ducks

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Happy birthday Amy! What a great gift. You live in such a beautiful part of the world, it will be so much fun to capture it on film. Well, not actually on film, but in a camera.

And I will be 30 in a few months - eek.

Kellyansapansa said...

Happy birthday. It sounds like you were thoroughly spoiled, but you deserve it!

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

Happy Birthday, and I can't wait to see what you come up with photography-wise. xx

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I