Sunday, 7 February 2010
Chatting to my mum on the phone this morning and I am ideally running my hand down the back of my leg.. and I feel a bumpy bit. I think hmm since when did I have a patch of cellulite there!?

oh no its not cellulite, its a massive purple varicose vein on my lower back of thigh!!! I am thinking "Eww eww" accompanied by "oh my god I have been wearing short shorts all summer!!" and then swearing at the pregnancy gods that are surely laughing at me. God I am not even 29 yet, surely my short skirt and mini shorts wearing days are not over yet!

To top it off, hubby doesn't even look surprised when I tearly tell him which makes me suspicious. "You knew it was there!" I say to him!
Yep he did, apparently he didnt think it would help to point it out. Can't really blame him lol but at the same time I feel like the last person to know! And its my body! Being a basketball and unable to twist much does slow you down from inspecting the posterior part of your body really, but I think its pretty new, cause I only shaved my legs recently and didnt notice it.

So after some assurance from hubby that I can have as much cosmetic surgery as I want when bub is out (he is helpfully suggesting a boob lift and increase at the same time, not the best timing Mister!) and some googling that assures me that its mostly pressure on my pelvic artery causing it (and my damn on-my-feet all day job) and that it should improve post pregnancy, I am feeling a little calmer. But I think the back of my legs have a date with some fake tan until my confidence improves hehe

2 comments:

Kellyansapansa said...

Oh, the joys of pregnancy!

Don't worry, I have stretch marks and I have never given birth. So unfair!

Mel said...

Oh dear! LOL at Jase not telling you, AND at his suggestions! Damo said similar after I got upset at saggy boobs, belly, bum and stretch marks after having Liam. But now I think of them sort of like 'battle scars' - something to show what I went through and that I made it in one piece. Plus I have gorgeous Liam and now Ashleigh in their place, so I figure my body can take a few knocks given I get them in return (quite a bargain really!).

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I