Friday, 19 February 2010


Its nearly time - I am getting excited. Jase and I are celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary (wow where did that time go!) by going on a "babymoon" without Elka. Its 4 nights and the longest I have ever been away from her (although I have done numerous weekends away) so I am hoping that I will not turn into a big hormonal mess and miss her too much. I doubt that she will miss us much in return - she is staying with my parents who are her favorite people around at the moment and she is going to be terribly spoilt!

I am determined to make the most of this time with my husband, particularly as with number two on the way, this sort of time is so precious. We have little planned besides relaxing in our apartment, sleep-ins, enjoying the free in-house movies, visiting the beach, possibly taking a boat cruise, exploring the hinterland and eating ourselves silly in all the gorgeous restaurants, including picking the poshest nicests restaurant we desire for our wedding anniversary dinner. Bliss!

Anyone that has a toddler will know that relaxing, sleeping during the daylight hours, watching movies and eating out for longer than 30 mins comes rarely, unlike when you were a couple pre-children. So it's going to almost be weird to get to do it again!




Only three days until we head off and I am looking forward to packing "nice" clothes - living on a farm tends to reduce the number of nice outfits you get to wear in a week! I also have a number of lovely silk tops that I am pretty careful of when wearing near an eating Elka so it will be nice to swan about in them, only having to worry about my own food spillage (which admittedly happens quite a bit too lol).

I picked up a nice big new memory card for my new camera today so I am set to play and take lots of pics. Stay tuned!
xoxo

2 comments:

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

Enjoy! Sounds completely and utterly blissful - and totally and utterly well-deserved!

Teneal said...

Have a fantastic time :)

The place looks gorgeous.

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I