Saturday, 10 July 2010
5 weeks post birth and I felt ready to jump into the saddle. Spech has had his ground work to build up his back and neck muscles for a few weeks now and I have built up my core muscles and let my pelvis recuperate. And finally, I fit back into my jodphurs...

I won't lie, mounting for the first time was not pretty! But it all felt pretty good once I got going, although it makes you realise how weak you truly are. But I know it will all take time.

I like to keep a diary of our training progress, so here goes. Spech was stiff to the right but happy to do turns on the forehand, rein backs and a little resistant leg yield to the right. He is over bending a little and needs to be pushed forward from behind. I need to concentrate on straighter posture, shoulders down and back and my hands need to be shorter and higher. I need to keep my leg contact low and firm. I copped a buck in the trot which is normal for Spech when he is fresh and not going forward properly. But overall a very good first workout for having 10 months off!

Halting


Trotwork


My biggest fan


Elka's turn - a horselover already!

3 comments:

Mel said...

Awesome work Amy getting back in the saddle so soon! I have the utmost respect for you and your dedication - no way I could have done it with everything else you have going on.

Love the photos - especially the ones with Elka. She is definitely a little horsey babe. :)

Amy said...

Aww thank you so much Mel for your lovely comments and support xoxo

britt@absolutealaia said...

Awww she's gong to be just like her Mum! x

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I