Saturday, 31 July 2010
We like to visit display homes to gather inspiration for colours, tiles and fittings for our extensions. The other week we were wandering through a nice home. As we went to leave, we had to pass the salesman who as usual tries to corner us to pin down our interest. We don't want to be rude or lie but we are naturally not looking to buy or discuss prices. So we normally just smile and explain that we are only looking at this stage, thanks very much.

This salesman was a little pushier than normal and so I politely say that I thought it was a very nice design and my favorite that day. He states the price and then goes on to say to expect another $50K or so on top to get it at the level of fittings of the display. I smile and say, oh sure OK and turn to leave. He then looks me up and down and gives Jase the same scrutiny. He then changes his manner and says "well that is our top of the line home, we do have a budget range if you would prefer". Hehe I smiled politely and we walked out before cracking up laughing.

Clearly we failed his visual estimation of our income! What made us laugh was the cost of the top of the line home with deluxe fittings was about what we are spending on just our extension! Hmm seems we might need to dress up a little more for our next lazy Sunday wander around display homes ;)

2 comments:

britt@absolutealaia said...

:-o I have always said to our staff to never, ever judge a book by it's cover because you just never know who you are dealing with.

He obviously got a lot of knock backs on the weekend :-P

Amy said...

hehe so true Alaia!

I did feel sorry for him - he clearly really wanted a sale... at whatever price lol

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I