Monday, 5 July 2010





Yep so far, the house extension has involved more destroying of our existing house and verandahs then anything else. But its all for good in the long run.

We briefly panicked when the footings went in and we could see outlines of rooms - they didnt look nearly big enough! But we got out the measuring tape and measured the room dimensions out and compared them to our existing living spaces and no the rooms are still generous sizes and we are just struggling to visualise them properly from flat footings.

This is what we started with, the left side is where the extension is going, it will protrude at right angles from the existing house so this front garden will be more like a courtyard (as the shed is perpendicular on the right side of the house)

This is the side of the house that the extension is coming out of and the deck will be on piers off this hill. We had the excavator that did the cutting of the fill, move those fruit trees to our top garden where we are starting an orchard.


Goodbye back verandah - half of it is being replaced as well as new verandahs being added around the extension. That window is Elka's room and she is still living in it!


Digging the footings, this area will be our walk in robe and ensuite bathroom


Concrete pouring for the footings



The footings poured - this front area is the double carport and the study. Also shows the view that the deck will have over the dam.


Todays work included knocking out the existing brickwall to make way for the new living area and to join the slabs together

So much to go but its getting exciting (and oh so messy!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I didn't realise you were doing so much work to your place - I can't wait to see the finished result :)

Mel said...

Oh Wow Amy! Thanks for sharing the photos - I'm so excited for you guys, and its great to see it all coming about! Can't wait to see it as it all comes along. : )

SnazzySmith said...

Gosh, I can't believe how much is going on there. It's not until you see the photos that you realise.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Teneal said...

Wow, what a lot of work! Looks like it's coming along nicely.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I