Wednesday, 2 March 2011
Its been a bit of a tough time at work this week. Long story but I had to give some very bad news to a staff member and I was stressed about doing it and the actual going through with it was as upsetting as I imagined. Welcome to being a manager! I have to learn that when you have to lead, you can't always be everyone's friend.

Not only that but its one of those weeks where Jase is interstate for work. Juggling the girls alone with the farm animals to look after is hectic but strangely also lonely.

Oh and our dear blind pet duck has disappeared, presumed dead. The other duck is pining and looking so lost.

So I think maybe some retail therapy is in order.

First thing to buy is some new ducks to keep our duck company.. but secondly Witchery, one of my favorite stores has sent me a $50 voucher (providing I spend $100). How can I say no!

Hmm what to buy :) here are some of my picks for autumn (yes you can tell I love classic tailored cuts can't you!)







4 comments:

Karla said...

What a week! Sorry your poor old duck didn't come back. I've been a single mum this week too, hubby is in NZ - it's a tough gig. Definitely think some retail therapy is in order and I love your pics - particularly the top 3.

Nerina said...

I'm feeling you on the single Mum front too this week and with students back at uni this week, it's been one of the worst weeks work wise for hubby to get called to NZ too!!

I love Witchery too - I used to work there in my uni student days and used to get a 40% discount on clothes - it rocked! Although Witchery has become ever cooler lately!

Lydia said...

You did the righ thing at work, even though it was difficult. You have to make the correct decisions for your team.

So sad about that poor little duck :(

I love the clothes you have picked out, though you're brave to buy a white jacket - something I wouldn't even attempt without kids.

Leesa said...

awww I am sorry your duck didn't come back :( Sounds like you had a bad week :(
I definitely think a bit of retail therapy is in order! Loving your style!

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I