Tuesday, 3 January 2012
Thanks to Amy at My Life is Cake, I have been inspired to join in the blogging challenge "52 weeks to simplify your life".



I am a big fan of living for and loving the little things in life and I think taking the time for some appreciation and reflection is very rewarding.

Week #1 Challenge: Create a list of everything that went “right” in 2011

As I have already blogged, I had a very happy 2011.

- I "made it" through Bronte growing from a baby to a toddler whilst juggling a tricky two year old. It only gets easier as they get older and I loved every minute of watching them grow.

- We made our beautiful new house extension/renovation more homely with furniture and landscaping outside.

- I eliminated a major cause of stress in my life - my competition horse with his bad foot and instead tackled a new exciting challenge with a new young horse.

- I got my body back to pre baby fitness and lost so much weight (not intentionally just from pure hectiness) that I am the lightest I have ever been. Nice to feel that having two pregnancies is not a death knell for ever being slim again (particularly since I am not a celebrity with a nanny,chef and personal trainer!)

- My career flourished and I got to to throw myself back into it, knowing I didn't have any long hiatuses for maternity leave to interrupt my development. I have had the opportunity to reshape an entire area, lead scientists, advance my publication record, travel interstate for some great work trips, be a superviser to multiple post graduate students and lecture in a number of university courses. AND I smile when I get to work - it just fulfills me.

- I got to spend another year married to my husband. I still marvel at how easy we just "work" - no fighting (bickering doesn't count!) and just endless support and understanding for each other. Not to mention, he is a very romantic man who spoiled me wonderfully with such thoughtful gifts and surprises.

- My family all spent 2011 in good health - this is a true blessing.

I could actually list wonderful things on and on but these are the big ones. We work hard for our success and happiness but I also give thanks every day for the things out of our control that also contribute to our contentment.

Why don't you join in? Here

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish my husband was romantic!!

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I