Tuesday, 10 January 2012
Readers of this blog will probably have gathered that I have been so lucky to marry a particularly romantic man. Even eleven years into our relationship, he will arrive home with a bunch of flowers spontaneously or organise a surprise weekend away.

What I love is that the romantic gestures aren't necessary - we have a great relationship and the little things he does, like quietly wash-up every single night so I can rest my broken finger or care for the girls alone for hours so I can have "me-time" with the horse, are the gestures that make me feel like I fall even more and more in love with him.

However, the icing on the cake is his generosity.

So there I was last night, slumped on the lounge exhasted after a hens party the night before and an interstate trip home, looking terribly unglamorous and rather suspicious as he emerged from our bedroom with his hands behind his back and a strange rattling noise coming from behind him. I was not in the least expecting the lovely jewellery box from my favorite jeweller that he whipped out and announced that it was "just because" present.

My "just because" present
A ruby and diamond necklace that he bought to match my new red and white Cue dress that I had just bought for a weekend away beach wedding. I had been agonising over my accessories as I don't wear a lot of red. And it is just perfect. He really does shop nearly too well for a straight man!

It was the most beautiful end to a gorgeous weekend. And its kept a smile on my face into the working week. Love my husband and love his amazing spirit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got a keeper there.

It looks like you've got an amazing relationship and are perfectly suited. It's a stunning necklace- good pick!

Lisa said...

My husband knows me too well too, 'just because' presents are usually a magnum he picked up from the servo on the way home from a night out. But oh-so-welcome at 11pm!

Beautiful necklace.

Lydia said...

Oh wow, you are lucky. Just beautiful.

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I