Sunday, 19 February 2012

I am starting to get inspired for the Autumn-Winter 2012 trends. Loving the new Myer shots, like above.
I am sure that the Great Gatsby inspiration will be strong. Have you seen the gorgeous shots from the Baz movie set? I bought T -bar style heels today - a modern twist but still a T-bar silhouette.

Some of the other trends I am getting ready for:

Peter Pan Collars. So cute. I have tried a few dresses on with this neckline and liked them but yet to find one I love.


Animal Print. I have always avoided animal print - probably something about growing up near the Gold Coast and seeing many a bronzed sixty year old wearing it with white pants and gold shoes. But I have finally thrown that association and can see the fashion in it. I have just bought a great dip dyed zebra print scarf that I am looking forward to wearing as it cools. And my latest favourite work outfit is a grey leopard print fitted box top tucked into a high waisted black tulip skirt. Don't mock it till you have tried it, I have learnt! Do it in a ballet flat if you don't dare to anywhere else!



Maxi Skirts. I have held out so far but they are set to still be on trend this winter. I think a pair of heels is essential to stop you looking dumpy. They do have drama. I think I may just have to buy one...




Prints. Still all about clashing and mixing your prints. Add add texture - crochet is big, or knitted jumpers. I am pleased with this as I have a great crochet vest I bought last winter and wanted to get some wear with it!
Getty Images

Now to pretend it isn't sweltering hot outside still!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I