Tuesday, 7 February 2012
I had a gorgeous weekend - watching an old dear friend get married in the most wonderful relaxed and fun filled ceremony and reception whilst enjoying a weekend away at the beach with my hubby and friends. I love weddings that are just filled with happiness, we all danced the night away and my cheeks were hurting from laughing so hard with some of the shenanigans on the dancefloor!


The whole weekend was peaceful and we made the most of having the girls babysat. Wine with a seafood lunch by the sparkling water, a swim without children attached to me, a lazy afternoon in the spa, a delicious long late breakfast with a restaurant full of wedding guests laughing at the memories of the night before.

The view from our balcony



And I got to get all frocked up - loving my Cue dress and the heels lived up to their beauty, proving to be comfortable for the 8 hours straight I wore them.


We scrub up OK!
And like all our kid free weekends away, the coming home to the girls is nearly the best bit. Though my two seemed to have barely missed me! Now back to the craziness that is our life - work trips, research grant applications due, two school drop offs/pick ups to co-ordinate, school events, speech pathology for Bronte, animal appointments, two new research students to supervise, house repairs (the hole in the ceiling!)and so on. But there is fun too - only a week until my birthday and then only a week after that until our wedding anniversary trip to Cairns/Great BArrier Reef - we are nearly all sorted, I should definitely do a post on it all :)

1 comments:

Mammamusing said...

Your weekend away sounds like it was so much fun! I love your dress too.

Enjoy your upcoming fun events too and yes please post all about it :)

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I