Tuesday, 9 December 2008


Bubs doesnt turn 6 months for another week but today we headed across Brisbane to the Wesley Hospital (grumble!) for her check-up. I was very pleasantly surprised that a lovely friend I made in my Mothers Group was the appointment ahead of us. Since they were running 45mins late, we had a lovely catch up and the bubs had a fun play!

Elka is now 7.7kg and 67.5cms long. The paeds kept saying over and over again that she is a very good baby and was very pleased with her. He had a quiet giggle at how orange her skin is from all her pumpkin, sweet potato and carrot that she eats. I have introduced non-orange foods but the orange ones are still the favourites.

She is so bubbly and happy at the moment - lots of smiles and squeals. She has started huffing and puffing instead of giggling. She screws up her nose and her top lip and huffs - its very funny. She loves to bury her head into my shoulder and be coy at people. She makes friends with everyone - staring and grinning at them until they acknowledge her. I cannot get into a lift without making a million friends thanks to her!

She had her first swim in a pool the other day - she wasnt too keen but she loves to splash in her bath so I am sure she will take to it. She sits really well now - can sit for a long time totally unassisted. She worms around quite effectively but doesn't seem to have any understanding of crawling yet (thankfully!). She rolls and worms all around her cot now and I never find her where I left her - quite frustrating when she is meant to be sleeping, sigh!

She is eating her solids really well and has a big appetite. She breastfeeds so quickly now - much more exciting things to be doing instead! She loves taking her water in her sippy cup now. She gets excited and all four limbs wiggle and trash around - she definitely smiles and laughs with her whole body. She is still fascinated by the cats - she loves to reach out to pat them and often screams at them in excitement.

She still sleeps well - although th days sleeps can get cut a little short (ie 40-50 mins rather than 100-120mins) when she does her wiggling rather than sleeping thing. She however sleeps like a log at night - 7pm (with dreamfeed at 10pm) all the way to 7am (I do hear her wake at 5.30am-ish but she just chats away and then goes back to sleep.

I am loving this age - she is a little angel and I just love spending all day with her!

2 comments:

Girly-Girl said...

I love reading about Elka's little milestones. I can't believe your little girl is 6 months (technically).

The photo of the two of you is adorable.xx

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

Wow. She's a good little sleeper. Can you get her to talk to Lacey? :P

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I