Thursday, 18 December 2008
We are back from a hectic eight day road trip covering about 2400 kms. Fun times with a 6 month old bub! Although I truly cant complain as Elka is a dream baby who endured up to 8 hours in the car a day and only really cried once. And that was our fault as we left her bunny comforter in the back of the car rather than with her in the car seat and we weren't too keen to stop in the middle of pouring rain on the Newcastle/Sydney freeway to retrieve it.
She didnt get thrown too much by the daylight savings, the long day drives, the port-a-cot, the bright light in peoples guests rooms and the endless faces and arms that wanted to coo at her and hold her. I think I found it far more trying than she she did ;)
We visited both of her Great-grandmothers which was lovely, we saw Jasons parents and we stayed with some of our best friends and met their new bub. We also visited lots of random friends and got to introduce Elka to everyone. It was an important trip - not a holiday for us as such but a trip that we needed to do :)
But its sweet to be home. We came home to evidence of a nasty storm - our driveway is ruined yet again at drain crossing and our verandah and study had evidence of flooding. The gardens were overgrown and the grass approaching knee high out the back - yes we were only away 8 days - crazy stuff! So after some hectic hours this afternoon in 35 degree heat (a far cry from the cold we endured in Canberra bbbrrr!, the grass has been tamed and the house and animals restored to their usual states.
Now onwards to Elka's 6 month needles tomorrow, the farrier coming to hot shoe Spech in the morning, we need to find a real xmas tree, complete the xmas shopping, host a xmas party, celebrate my brothers bday, the drains are in desperate need of finishing and did I mention we had 50 sleepers delivered today to continue work on our loooooong retaining wall!
Oh and we are hosting xmas for both our families in 7 days - arrghhh!!!
She didnt get thrown too much by the daylight savings, the long day drives, the port-a-cot, the bright light in peoples guests rooms and the endless faces and arms that wanted to coo at her and hold her. I think I found it far more trying than she she did ;)
We visited both of her Great-grandmothers which was lovely, we saw Jasons parents and we stayed with some of our best friends and met their new bub. We also visited lots of random friends and got to introduce Elka to everyone. It was an important trip - not a holiday for us as such but a trip that we needed to do :)
But its sweet to be home. We came home to evidence of a nasty storm - our driveway is ruined yet again at drain crossing and our verandah and study had evidence of flooding. The gardens were overgrown and the grass approaching knee high out the back - yes we were only away 8 days - crazy stuff! So after some hectic hours this afternoon in 35 degree heat (a far cry from the cold we endured in Canberra bbbrrr!, the grass has been tamed and the house and animals restored to their usual states.
Now onwards to Elka's 6 month needles tomorrow, the farrier coming to hot shoe Spech in the morning, we need to find a real xmas tree, complete the xmas shopping, host a xmas party, celebrate my brothers bday, the drains are in desperate need of finishing and did I mention we had 50 sleepers delivered today to continue work on our loooooong retaining wall!
Oh and we are hosting xmas for both our families in 7 days - arrghhh!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amy
- I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
Blogs I Love
-
-
-
The blog is closing5 months ago
-
Mr Squiggle, Canberra7 months ago
-
Hungry Hippos!1 year ago
-
RAFFLE4 years ago
-
-
Eleven6 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
Blue And White Kitchen Cabinets8 years ago
-
-
-
Dress and coat9 years ago
-
-
35 weeks, 35 books10 years ago
-
DIY \\ Giant pom pom chunky knit hat10 years ago
-
2015 – The Wrap10 years ago
-
Week 50 7.12 – 13.1110 years ago
-
Week 510 years ago
-
Welcome to Matilda's Life Stories...10 years ago
-
-
Road Wars (2015) Online streaming10 years ago
-
Cherchez la femme — Feminism and Birth11 years ago
-
-
teneal-thegirlmostlikely11 years ago
-
looking up11 years ago
-
Den længste dag (1962) Fuld Film Streaming11 years ago
-
The year with the Royal Family 201411 years ago
-
-
Best Wall Paint Colour Ireland11 years ago
-
2 years since my last update!11 years ago
-
Art Walk12 years ago
-
Europe Magic12 years ago
-
Lime Cheesecake in the Raw12 years ago
-
Close to two years on ...12 years ago
-
White Out12 years ago
-
Cheap Backpacks12 years ago
-
-
Metaphors are fun13 years ago
-
-
This is 4 and 11/12's: The Tooth Fairy13 years ago
-
Of Vice and Frenchmen13 years ago
-
Happy New Year!13 years ago
-
Christmas flea & a new venture...13 years ago
-
Life gets in the way13 years ago
-
Archer's Christening13 years ago
-
-
I know I am biased ....13 years ago
-
she had to get out14 years ago
-
Shopaholic14 years ago
-
Turning Thirty14 years ago
-
Miss Goodie Two Shoes custom orders14 years ago
-
-
Garden Mojo14 years ago
-
-
I confess...15 years ago
-
The time came15 years ago
-
stylish blogger award15 years ago
-
2010 Aria Awards Red Carpet15 years ago
-
You are in the wrong spot!15 years ago
-
Up, up and away!16 years ago
-
-
what a great day!16 years ago
-
Internet Habits16 years ago
-
Sorry.16 years ago
-
Where Am I??16 years ago
-
19 Minutes ... And counting!16 years ago
-
Grand Final Fever!16 years ago
-
Every once in a while . . .17 years ago
-
Happy 1st Birthday!17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

3 comments:
and who said christmas is supposed to be relaxing.
Welcome home. :) Glad you and the family survived it. Any piccies of your road trip?
Woah. I need a nap after just reading all that.
8 hours in a car, with a baby? Crazy talk. Lacey can't last more than ten minutes... so that sounds like hell to me. I'm glad Elka was so good. xx
Post a Comment