Tuesday, 2 December 2008





I have been a little unexcited about Christmas this year so far. Basically Jases holidays have had to be moved to December rather than January and we have to take our roadtrip now. Which means we are crazy busy and are barely concentrating on Christmassy stuff.. by the time we get back its already very advanced in the month and it will be very rushed to get ready for the huge family Christmas we are hosting (have a baby and family will flock to stay - hehe sort of like Joseph and Mary probably felt ;)

To add to this, my family tradition is to always have a real xmas tree.. and I dont think that putting up the tree now and then locking it in the house in the sweltering heat whilst we are away will result in a very pretty tree for all the visitors! So we are holding off on the tree :( (for now)

So to cheer myself up, I put up some other decorations and my little fake tree. Thankfully Elka is still not too mobile so I dont have to baby proof much. This year I have decided to go a little more subtle - its not very in your face but I love dressing the house up regardless :)

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I