Thursday, 4 December 2008
Today I am grateful for my Mum. Its her birthday today and I am looking forward to having a nice family BBQ to celebrate this afternoon.

My mum is an incredibily strong yet vunerable person. She wears her heart on her sleeve and puts herself out there for things she believes in and people she loves. She is my inspiration as a mother myself - if I could be even half as selfless and loving as my mum has been, then I will be proud of myself as a mum.

My mum has cared and nursed people in our family that have needed support and love and I have seen her be almost consumed by the pain and grief of nursing her parents until they passed away. She is now a tireless koala rescuer and puts everything into saving these poor sick little animals.

She has gone without to make sure my brother and I have eveything we have ever wanted. She has given so much to help me achieve my dreams of owning a property and competing horses. She still drives two hours up to help me at competitions, which is gorgeous and reminds us both of the "old" days of my teenage pony club years.

And last but not least, she is now the proudest grandmother I have ever seen. And everyone else gets to see it too as she carries around her digital photo key chain displayer and makes everyone look at the 50 photos of ELka on there!

I am very grateful today that I get to take my beautiful daughter and my amazing husband to celebrate my mother with her and my family.

1 comments:

Simone said...

Mums are the best hey? Let's hope our children think the same of their mummy's!

Happy Birthday Mummy.

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I